Chapter 49

YAY WE HIT 200k!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
.
.
.

The taste of his sweet lips on mine ignites me, the sensation distracting me from the stench of the backstage bathroom.

"I love you," he kisses me, "so much."

"I love you too," I pull away to catch my breath, "I just wish it smelled better in here."

He laughs.

"Yeah... Not the most romantic place." He runs a hand through his hair, a habit of his that I've grown quite fond of.

"So I found out what Cameron talked to your parents about," I tell him, sitting down on the dirty floor.

"What is it?" he asks, joining me on the ground.

"He asked them if it was still safe for you to share a room with us."

Nash's head snaps in my direction.

"What did they say?"

"That they don't know... He's thinking of kicking you out even though he doesn't want to... for my sake," I tell him.

"Katya," he takes both of my hands in his, "you have to know that I would never hurt you."

I smile a little.

"I know... Couldn't exactly tell him that though."

Nash sighs and puts his head in his hands.

"At least you won't have nightmares anymore," he mumbles.

"Hey," I remove his hands from his face and force him to look at me, "I would rather have a nightmare every night than to never fall asleep in your arms again."

He looks at me with such intensity it burns my chest. He leans in and softly plants his lips on mine. When he pulls away, I rest my head on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around me. I could stay like this forever. I almost laugh at the thought of us. I'm here now in his arms in this smelly bathroom... and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Because that's just how we are...

We're perfectly imperfect.

***

Nash's parents left to the airport an hour ago. We're all currently sitting in our hotel room, even though I'm sure everyone else is at the pool.

"Cam, you know you can go to the pool right?" I tell him.

"I don't feel like it," he lies.

I roll my eyes.

"I'm fine," I say.

"I don't want you staying alone," he repeats for what must be the millionth time.

"I'll stay with her," Nash volunteers as usual.

"I don't think I'm comfortable with that either," he says.

My eyes widen.

"What? Since when?" Nash asks.

"I don't know, maybe since you stabbed yourself?" Cameron stands.

"You know why I did that Cameron, and you know I'm on my pills again." Nash stands.

"No Nash, I don't know that, and I'm sure as hell not going to risk it."

"I'll stay with them," Hayes speaks up.

Cameron's wild eyes switch back and forth between the three of us.

"Whatever," he heads for the door, "but lay a hand on her and you're dead."

The door slams shut behind him and I breathe out the air I didn't realize I was holding in.