Chapter 31

Thank you for 70k 😍❤️

.

.

.

I'm standing here at the spot where she died. It's silent, the only noise coming from the slight creaking of the rusty swings. The bloodied rope is still there, swaying due to the slight breeze. The sky is pitch black, the stars being the only light source to the dreary park. I walk away from the swing set, asking myself why I was here. Suddenly, a gust of cold wind passes through me, sending shivers down my spine. I turn around to see what the source of the wind was and scream. There, on that rusty swing set, hung Charlie.

I close my eyes; hadn't I just seen that the rope was cut? I open them again, but she is gone. I catch my staggered breath and start walking towards the swing set once again, examining the rope that I had just seen hanging Charlie. The blood stains on the rope were prominent, almost fresh. I have to get out of here, I think to myself. I turn around to walk away at a quicker pace than usual, but where would I go? When I look back, Charlie's body is hanging there again.

My heart starts to race and I start to run away. Then, I hear someone crying causing me to stop in my tracks. I turn around slowly, afraid of what I might see. My heart shatters when my eyes land on a broken Nash, sobbing at the loss of his love.

"Nash?" I call out to him, starting to walk towards him.

"Nash!" I yell, turning my walk into a run.

When I reach him, his face is down looking at the ground and Charlie's body has disappeared.

"I had to hide the body," he says to me.

"I know Nash, you told me. It's okay, let's leave." I gently tug on his arm, but he doesn't budge.

"Nash please, let's just go," I plead.

"It will be you," he whispers.

"What? What will be me?" I ask.

Nash looks up slowly, too slowly, and smiles evilly.

"Nash.." I take a step back.

He springs up and starts to run towards me, causing me to run in return.

"Help!" I yell to anyone who could possibly hear me.

Nash is hot on my tail. I take a left turn around a couple of trees and keep running. I hear his heavy footsteps behind me, causing me to cry hysterically at the thought of what he could do to me. I jump over a bush and hide behind it, hoping that Nash will pass. Through the foliage, his muddy shoes come into view. I hold my breath in attempt to hide my sobs. I see him walk around slowly, leaves crunching under his feet.

"Dammit!" he screams.

He then takes out his phone and dials a number.

No, I think. No, no, no. I search hastily for my phone, but when I finally find it, the ringtone goes off loud and clear. His foot steps proceed towards me, yet I can't find it in myself to move at that moment. What am I doing? I have to run, right? But Nash wouldn't hurt me, would he? His feet stop in front of the bush, and I contemplate running away again.

It all happens so fast. Nash pulls me out from behind the bush and attempts to suffocate me. Somehow, I break free and begin to sprint again, but his hand grabs a hold of the back of my shirt, resulting in a slight tear. He throws me to the ground and starts to drag me by my feet. I claw at his hands, but they don't budge. I finally result in kicking him in the balls, causing him to fall to his knees. I waste no time in escaping, calling out help to anyone that would listen.