Chapter 4

Song for this Chapter : Ready to Run - One Direction

"I think my brother likes you."

I roll my head back in laughter. Hayes shoots me a confused look, but I continue laughing. I laugh at the impossible scenario that Hayes has suggested. I laugh at the thought of Nash actually having feelings; let alone a heart. I laugh at naïve little Hayes thinking that his brother is capable of feeling something as innocent as love; or like.

"Did I miss something?" Hayes asks.

"Yes, a big thing. Your brother hates me, Hayes."

"How do you know for sure?" He crosses his arms. "I see the way he looks at you."

"Yeah, with pure hatred. Those blue eyes almost turn red when I'm around." I lay on my back and focus on the cloudless sky.

"That's not true," Hayes tries to persuade me.

"Yes it is, I don't understand why you can't accept it."

Neither of us talk; the only noise being the waves crashing against the shore. We lay side by side on the big rock of the beach, the other boys yelling and running down below. I think it's safe to say that I've become the closest to Hayes these past two days; which is weird considering our age difference. I just feel like he's... trust worthy. I'm not implying that the other boys aren't, well except for Nash, but I feel like I can tell Hayes anything and I don't really know why. A few minutes pass before we hear the guys calling our names. Looking over the edge, we see them waving at us to join them in the sand fight that they've started. Hayes and I look at each other before shrugging and climbing down the rock. It didn't take long before a clump of wet sand was thrown at my back. I turn around, and there standing two feet away is Nash with a devious smile.

"Oops," is all he says.

I take off my ruined shirt and shorts and throw my beanie to the side leaving me in nothing but my bikini. While Nash is distracted by my body, I scoop up some sand and walk over to him slowly. His eyes are locked on mine; everyone else is dead silent. Seductively, I put my hand on his chest and stand on my tip toes to whisper in his ear, "You probably shouldn't have done that." Just then, I smack the sand across his face leaving him in shock and everyone else dying of laughter. I smirk and walk back to Hayes who gives me a high five. The fight starts when Aaron throws a clump of sand at Carter. Carter then throws a handful back, but Aaron ducks and it hits Gilinsky right in the face. From there, it is chaos. Hayes and I hide behind some rocks until we feel water being poured on us.

"Nash!" Hayes screams, "This is a new shirt!"

"Then tell your little girlfriend to stop messing with me," Nash threatens.

"Please, we all know you're the one that likes her. Cut the crap bro," Hayes retorts.

"I don't like her, I fricken hate her," Nash spits.

"Ditto." I roll my eyes.

Just as Nash begins to walk away, I say, "Oh, and by the way, I forgot something," before shoving a baby crab down his swim trunks.

"What the hell!" he screams before jumping around like a maniac.

I could've sworn I heard Matt say, "Man Cameron, your sister is awesome," making me blush.

Nash continues to dance around like a wild monkey before Cameron takes him behind a rock to change. Everyone gives me high fives and tells me how awesome and funny I am. They tell me that Nash is just grumpy and that he'll get over it, but honestly, I don't want him to. Today, I'm pretty sure I won and I just love messing with him. I don't know why, but it brings me this new found joy. Nash soon returns, a scowl etched on his angry face. Everyone covers their mouth to keep from laughing, but I fail miserably.