Chapter 17: Time For Myself

Yeonjun's POV:
___________________________
My alarm woke me up on a bright Thursday morning...

My head hurt.

I had stayed up all night finishing my calculus homework.

I dragged my feet over to my bathroom and got ready for school.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

I heard someone knock on my bathroom door.

"Y-Yes?" I said aloud.

"Yeonjun- don't get changed into your uniform, you're not going to school today." My father informed me, and walked away.

That's weird.

Without hesitation, I changed into normal clothes.

As I made my way down the stairs, I realized no one had made breakfast yet.

"We'll eat when we get back" My father said as he walked up to the front door, "this is more important."

We got in the car and Mr. Nam rolled up the tinted windows, denying me any knowledge of our route to wherever my father was planning on taking me.

"Did mom leave early today?" I asked.

"Yeah, but she didn't go to work, she's waiting for us." My father replied.

I was starting to get worried. What could be so important that my parents are allowing me to miss a day of school?

We made a sharp turn.

Do you know how you can tell where you're going even if you can't see? You can feel the familiar turns and twist even if you aren't driving.

This specific turn was the one Mr. Nam would normally take on our way to school...

... Hana!

Let's hope she can survive the day without me.

Well- I think she'll do fine. She did before we even met, so I guess I'm the one who can't survive without her.

After she distanced herself... I started to see her more often.

It's small and sudden, but it has me suddenly thinking about her all day.

It's exhausting to say the least.

No one has ever treated me like that... ever.

It's always been easy meeting people and at least becoming good acquaintances, but no one has ever distanced themselves like that.

It seemed so natural too... I can't help but wonder if she's done it before...

... and why?

I hope I don't miss out on anything, I tend to miss big events when I don't go to school, it's not fair. ;-;

The car ride was quite long.

The twist and turns seemed eerily familiar.

"I've taken this route before..."

While my father and Mr. Nam spoke on about some show, I slowly doze into a comfortable sleep~

I was getting ready somewhere...

"Is my cape on correctly Yeonjun?" I heard a kid ask behind me.

I looked back and nodded yes.

People ran around me to get to their places.

I looked at the mirror in front of me, and I looked as though I was 9 years old again.

What the-