Chapter 33: Occupied

Hana's POV:
___________________________

"Did you fall asleep mom?" I asked in a hushed voice.

My mother had her head down on the kitchen island.

I quietly walked over to her and put my finger under her nose to make sure she was still breathing.

The empty wine bottle looked back at me as I picked it up- she didn't even leave a drop.

"Did you have a hard day?" I asked.

She began to mumble in her sleep.

I somehow got her all the way up to my parent's bedroom, and tucked her in. My father must have had as much of a hard day as her too because he didn't wake up at all.

I closed my parent's door and I let the silence sink in. I was tired. There really was no other way to put it.

Chaeyoung, Donghyun, and Soyeon have been avoiding me because of some project.

People at school won't stop annoying me.

I'm constantly reminded of some stupid ex's existence.

My parents are beginning to stop trusting me.

And everything is piling up...

I knew it was normal to feel tired- it's human.

But I just wanted a second to breath without someone looking at my every move.

"I told Kyungmi I'd visit her again tomorrow since it's the weekend..." I thought to myself.

Bingo.

"I'll just de-stress with her." I thought.

I washed my face and changed into my pajamas.

As I waited for my eyes to grow heavy I looked through my phone one last time.

I began by watching random videos and trying not to laugh out loud.

Then checking my schedule for the next day, but I kept eyeing my messages...

I wanted to talk to Donghyun.

"Maybe I could say 'How are you doing?' or the typical 'Did you eat yet?' " I contemplated with myself.

I would type out possible conversation starters but eventually erase them after reading them through over and over again.

I don't want to bother him, Chaeyoung told me not to bother him since he's so "busy"...

As I tried to think of another message idea, I got a notification:

"Idiot" has sent you a message- "Are you asleep?~"

A shy smile grew on my face.

Yeonjun and I ended up talking for a long time. I got to tell him about Kyungmi and how nice she seemed to be. Yeonjun got to tell me more about how his grandmother was doing, "she keeps a smile on all the time" he told me.

I think it's so cute seeing him talk about his grandma like that- I can tell he genuinely loves her.

It had gotten so late when I finally fell asleep on the phone.

When I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast I found the house empty.

I was confused since my parents would be up early and in the kitchen so I went around looking for them.

When my plan failed I decided to call them.

"Dad where are you guys?" I asked as soon as he picked up my call.