Chapter 43: So Different

Hana's POV:
_____________________________

"HANA!- There's more deliveries for you!!" My mom called me down to the living room.

As I made my way down the stairs, I was shocked to find a big flower arch at our front door.

"Who sent that?" I pointed at the flower arch.

The closer I got I realized the flowers were yellow tulips.

They were soft to the touch and very obviously pretty.

"Well the note says..." My mom picked up a small envelope, "it's 'From The Sobong Family'... oh!- it's just your dad's friends".

My parent's business partners, acquaintances, and literally anyone they've ever talked to kept sending me birthday gifts.

While my mom was having fun pretending it was Christmas, I knew they were only sending gifts to kiss-ass.

And if that was their goal, let's just say it was working.

I tried pretending I didn't care much about rich people's bribes disguised as gifts, but I was enjoying myself.

The doorbell rang and I looked over expecting another delivery, but instead of another dozen roses, Chaeyoung stood in the doorway.

"What were you expecting? Another gift?- My presence should be enough" Chaeyoung joked around.

I chuckled and pulled her in for a hug, "We'll be in my room if you need me mom" I dragged Chaeyoung upstairs.

After my party yesterday I made Chaeyoung promise to hang out.

We ended up deciding to hang out as soon as we woke up-

Chaeyoung quickly made herself comfortable in my room.

It was so nice to have her around like before.

Even before my birthday it was difficult to hang out outside of my house because of her parents.

Not ready because of her parents... but more like all the rumors and drama surrounding her parents.

Chaeyoung's parents are famous actors.

Even when they were together and Chae's dad would take us places, the press assumed he had 'mistresses'.

When in reality it was just two prepubescent teens making him drive us around.

It became such a big problem that our parents had to talk.

Ever since then I haven't seen Chae's dad.

Not that I want to see him- there's a reason her parents divorced and it's partially his fault.

It's a big and messy story- but Chaeyoung seemed to come out of it okay...

"Do you have left over cake from yesterday?" Chaeyoung asked me.

"No- all of you ate it, I only got one slice" I kiddingly complained as I sat down on my bed, next to her.

The room went quiet and I realized Chaeyoung had been staring at me.

"What?" I awkwardly chuckled.

"I missed seeing your ugly face" Chaeyoung smiled at me.

It was my turn to go quiet.

"Never do that again- okay? Do you know how much of a loser I felt?? I felt so alone" I kiddingly brushed off how I really felt.

Chaeyoung realized what I was talking about.