Chapter 9: Calculus Class

Yeonjun's POV:
___________________________
"Never stop calling me pretty boy, I like it," I told Hana as I turned back around, headed straight to my second period.

My cheeks were red, I could feel my heartbeat throughout my body, but I'm sure that feeling was just due to the fact that we raced down eleven blocks and I then met her father.

I walked into Mr. Kang's Calculus class, on the second floor.

It was so quiet, but thankfully, second period had just started so I didn't stand out.

In the distance I saw one of my close friends, Kang Taehyun. Yes, our calculus teacher has the same last name as him, and that's because it's his father.

"Hey! Yeonjun!" Taehyun hushed me over to our seats next to the window.

"Hey" I greeted Taehyun.

"Where the hell were you this morning, Beomgyu and Soobin kept asking the group chat where you had gone off to, I thought you were in History this whole time, but apparently you went MISSING" Taehyun said quickly in a low voice.

"I- Something urgent came up" I quickly told Taehyun as I noticed class starting. Come to think of it, I wasn't lying, something urgent really did come up...

"All right class, good morning...." Mr. Kang started calculus. He had worksheets passed around, and I did my best to answer the problems.

I tried to focus but something kept distracting me. It's not some excuse, I swear, the math problems were relatively easy, but I just can't shake the feeling of what was distracting me.

I soon found myself thinking of Hana.

Oh...

That's what's distracting me...

The feeling of her hand in my hair, smiling as she fixed it, her face inches from mine. I wonder why she tries to come off cold to strangers, I mean, I know people like their space, but it almost seems... intentional. I probably shouldn't take it personally ;-;

Even to poor Mrs. Kim, whom I'm guessing, she's known for a while now.

Thinking back to our adventure, it's extremely weird that some random lady just decided to pay a year's worth of Hana's rent without Hana knowing. Hana mentioned something about waiting for "this week's check," does she have a job? I wonder what it is...

It's probably something like being a convenience store mascot,

nah, she's too classy for that,

wait- is she????

I scoffed silently, but I got myself together after I saw Mr. Kang looking up from his laptop.

I kept thinking about that shoe rack aside Hana's front door. That shoe rack seemed too empty.

Hold up-

What did Mrs. Kim mean when she said Hana "hadn't changed a bit" ???? Had there been an incident that changed her into her cold, Severus Snape self now?? She honestly isn't all that cold...

Then suddenly my cheeks start to flush, and I quickly remember that moment in the kitchen before we headed back. I remember how everything went silent, not a single sound had been heard in that short moment, she seemed so calm.

WAIT-

When I complimented her place she said something along the lines of "that's what I was going for," could she possibly live alone?? I probably sound so creepy right now (o_o)

I don't want to assume her family life,

I can't stand people who prey on others based on their family issues,