Chapter 32: Boxed Brownies

Hana's POV:
___________________________

I picked up my phone, "Oh- it's finally Friday"

"It's Friday already? Don't we have a meeting today?" My dad asked my mom.

We were having breakfast on the kitchen island.

"Yeah I think we do" My mom took a sip of her coffee.

The kitchen went quiet.

I noticed how zoned out my mom was, "Is something on your mind mom?"

She snapped back to reality, "Sorry for bringing this up but... I still can't believe Minho is back..." my mom sulked.

I started to wonder if telling them was a good idea.

"He was bound to come back at some point." I tried to comfort her thoughts.

My dad cleared his throat, "Are you done eating? The car is outside" he changed the subject.

I cleaned up my dirty plate, kissed my parents goodbye, and left for school.

I kept seeing that girl everywhere- the same girl that had invited me over to her house.

She passed by my class and I immediately recognized her.

I saw her as I walked to Health but she didn't see me.

Even in lunch. At first I thought she was following me, but something was telling me it could just be a coincidence.

Turns out we had one class together, Math.

Mr. Kang had to go to a staff meeting, so he left us alone in the classroom with some random student council member.

Students were huddled up talking or messing around.

As soon as I finished some of my work from another class, I looked around, bored.

"I could go over to the student council member and try to make conversation... or... I could fall asleep..." I thought to myself.

My eyes soon fell on the same girl a couple desks away from me, talking with her friends near the window.

Or I could talk to her...

"Hey Eun-Hana!" I heard someone call my name.

Two guys and a girl sat around my desk. One guy sat in front of me but turned the chair to face me while the other two sat at the empty desk beside me.

I had no idea who they were, of course, I've seen them before but I don't go around learning people's names.

"Isn't it nice? Mr. Kang gave us free time, he should go to staff meetings more often." One guy said.

They kept talking to each other as if I wasn't there, which seemed weird to me since they bothered to move all the way to my desk just to continue their conversation. From what I overheard, their names were Keonhee, Sunwoo, and Yoora.

I kind of knew Keonhee, he used to hang around Soyeon a lot. Yoora seemed okay, and so did Sunwoo, but I caught him glancing at me once in a while.

"What are you thinking about Eun-Hana?" Sunwoo, which was the guy in front of me, asked.

"Who's that girl?" I asked, pointing at the girl near the window.

"Oh- that's Hwang Kyungmi" Keonhee seemed unbothered.

"She invited me to her house yesterday" Yoora mentioned, "I don't know if I want to go though..."

We all looked over at Kyungmi.