Chapter 61: Something Brewing

BEEP BEEP BEEP

My eyes slowly opened, still blurry from having napped almost 4 hours straight.

"What the-" I murmured.

"Come on Hana- I'm only waiting on you, the bonfire already started" Chae said aloud from the bathroom.

Oh, right.

The bonfire Jiwoo invited us to the day before.

I turned my head, and noticed how the sky was already fading into an orange-red blend.

"Can't believe it's already been 6 days..." I whispered to myself.

"Yeah, exactly the reason why we should get ready and leave to enjoy our vacations" Chae pulled the blanket off me.

I crawled into a ball, "It's cooold" I whined.

"Last time I checked, bonfires warm you up" Chaeyoung was trying to be funny.

...

The Bonfire was in one of the rooms next door.

As we entered I recognized almost everyone immediately.

And I'll admit it was a cozy atmosphere, everyone was just there enjoying the night.

"Why'd they call it a bonfire if the party's inside and the bonfire is outside..." I discreetly asked Chae.

"I know I was about to say the same thing" Chae scoffed, "I'm gonna get us a drink, I'll be right back".

I scanned the room and found Kyungmi sitting near some couches.

"Hey Kyungmi, what are you doing?" I asked as I approached her.

Even though my feet kept walking, I mentally puked by the selection of people in front of me.

In a circle around a coffee table and some seats were Kyungmi, Jiwoo, Sunwoo, Yoora, and other people I didn't bother looking at....

Because Yeonjun caught my eye.

He was sitting to the side but his presence was still noticeable.

"We're playing truth or dare, sit down" Jiwoo passed me a throw pillow.

"Your turn Kyungmi..." Everyone's voices got tuned out fast.

It's not like I was tired, I just didn't care to listen.

It was funny to hear someone say they fell into a table of food at a baptism, but that was about it-

"Hana" I heard Sunwoo call out my name.

I looked up to meet his eyes.

"Truth or dare?" he smirked at me.

I paused.

It didn't click in my brain that sitting there meant I was playing too...

Then my eyes wandered off to the side-

To meet with Yeonjun's gaze, which was fixated on me.

My lips moved before my mind did-

"Dare."

Everyone around cheered a little.

"Finally someone who picks dare" Yoora said.