Chapter 10: Out of Character

Yeonjun's POV:
___________________________
"It's a pleasure to finally meet you"... what did Mrs. Kim mean by this?... and why is this... bothering me that much ?

Maybe it's because I've always been able to read people, what they feel, and how they think. And people tend to show their feelings somehow. But Hana is much, much harder to read.

It doesn't help that she just can't seem to say something without sounding so cold and robot-like. Pfft, at least I know now she can loosen up.

I tried to shake the feeling off, of course, it's still nagging me, but I shouldn't worry about it. Even if I tried to ask Hana what Mrs. Kim had meant, it's none of my business and I'd probably just leave a bad impression on her. We are practically strangers.

I ran to my classmates outside, who had been sitting on the floor and on some bleachers.

I like P.E specially because since all our classes have students from different grades mixed up I get to spend some time with all of my close friends. P.E doesn't require my brain cells to work that much, so it's definitely one of my favorites.

"Ok class!," Ms. Baek started to say. "We'll do a warm-up for a while today, we have enough time since Ms. Jeong called in absent"

Ms Jeong is absent? That means I won't have English class today...

Wait, Hana's in Ms. Jeong's class.

I looked around for Hana but I couldn't see her, she wasn't on the bleachers and she wasn't stretching anymore, where'd she go?

"Hey! Yeonjun!," I heard a voice call me, I turned my head to find Huening Kai waving me down, and running towards me with a huge smile,

I'm glad he's been feeling better.

Huening Kai has recently been upset over his missing rabbit, Tobin. Tobin loves carrots, so Huening Kai has had some trouble looking at carrots the same (;-;). He suspects it's one of his sisters playing a prank on him again, but we'll never know for sure.

I don't like seeing Huening Kai like this, I tend to have a soft spot for him, maybe it's because I see him as a little brother, but I truly am glad he's smiling again.

The warm-up we had to do was, ironically, racing. Ms. Baek started grouping people up.

Taehyun appeared out of nowhere, "So the cheater got caught!! Detention?" Taehyun asked me as he got closer and closer to us.

"You wish" I responded.

"Then why'd you take so long to come back?" I heard Beomgyu say behind me in between soft pants.

I turned to face Beomgyu, just behind him I could see the figure of Hana stretching. I just can't seem to stop seeing her, I smiled in delight, and Soobin ran past her up to us.

"What's this lunatic smiling at" Soobin said as he came back exhausted from running a practice lap.

"Are you already tired? You only ran one lap while Beomgyu did four." Huening Kai stated.

"I never said I was good nor liked running okay?!" Soobin said in defense as he hunched over and tried to catch his breath.

"Well, back to what I was saying... Yeonjun, where were you during first period?" Beomgyu asked me.

"Yeah! Mr. Shin had us and this girl, Chaeyoung, look everywhere for you and some other girl!" Soobin said as he finally stood up straight.

"Didn't he tell you? Something urgent came up" Taehyun sarcastically stated.