Chapter 13: Printer Fiasco

Hana's POV:
___________________________
"You've got to be kidding me" I uttered out.

Yeonjun stood in front of me just as surprised as I was, neither of us expected to reunite so late in the afternoon.

I must be dreaming.

Crap-

I didn't mean to say that aloud.

"You're Mr. Kang's helper??" Yeonjun said as he slowly pointed at me in shock.

"Unfortunately, yes." I muttered out in a deadpan tone.

"I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose" Yeonjun said as he crossed his arms while wearing this smug, goofy smirk.

I crossed my arms back in defense.

He's in and out of his head if he thinks I'M bumping into him on purpose.

"Didn't you agree to retake this test and meet up here? Look who looks suspicious now." I said as I got closer to him, teasing him. "Bet you already knew I was a helper!"

I must have startled him because he started freaking out silently and began blushing slightly.

"N-no! I swear, I didn't"

I've noticed how cute he looks when he's caught off guard-

The thought of all the work waiting for me on Mr. Kang's desk haunted my thoughts.

I leaned back as Yeonjun tried building back up his pride.

"Let's just get this over with" I said as I pointed to a desk for him to sit at.

As if on cue, Yeonjun took off his backpack and sat down.

I went back to Mr. Kang's desk to get his test.

To my surprise it wasn't there.

B-but I put it there as soon as Mr. Kang gave it to me!!

I crouched down to get a better look at all the mess.

Given the fact that there were piles of papers just splattered on the desk and around it, it was going to be hard finding his test.

Okay- today has already made me question my sanity, a paper exam shouldn't be driving me this insane.

I peaked out of the side of Mr. Kang's desk to find a nervous Yeonjun fidgeting with his pencil.

What could he be nervous for?

I wouldn't dare ask him for help...

I don't want to owe him anything. This friendship won't last anyways, I don't want to drag out anything unrequited...

"Hey... Hana... you doing okay back there... ?" Yeonjun said suddenly.

His voice caught me off guard, I didn't expect him to call out my name, yet I feel so-

"Well-" I sighed.