Chapter 21: First Day Back

Hana's POV:
___________________________

I got up early the next day, a Saturday, for work.

It had been almost a week since I had last gone. And that's only because of school, Ms. Jeong was meant to be testing us all week for the end of the semester, but she's been calling in absent so I've practically been on vacation this whole time.

I was kind of nervous to go back, what was I going to tell my supervisor?

I had missed a whole week of work- how was I going to ask for another?

I started my way down the cherry blossom path, it was so pretty in the mornings, it was quiet and calm... it was a pity I couldn't stay.

I work at Pungbuhan [풍부한] Restaurant, one of Seoul's most popular restaurants.

Since it's always so busy, there's a lot of staff, I guess that's why they let me leave for a week.

As soon as I walked in I was greeted by Moon Joh-Eun, my co-worker, and her big, fat smile.

She looked down at my band-aid infested hands and then gave me a confused look- but she quickly looked away.

"About time you came back." Joheun cockily told me as she hugged me.

"You can't get rid of me so easily" I responded.

"Ugh- Sucks. I was starting to get used to not having you around."

"I can go back home if you want-"

"No, no, no, no- I'm tired of working your shift, put your name tag on and meet me at the front." Joheun told me as she headed out of the back room.

I quickly got ready and headed up front, "So... what's going on? Any big guests today?" I asked.

"I heard the owner is coming." Joheun dropped the news unexpectedly.

"W-wait, really?"

"Yeah, Miss Yi was talking about it all week- he made a reservation for today." Joheun continued.

"Let me guess- they gave you their table?" I asked.

"Actually- yeah. But... can you..." Joheun began as she turned to me.

"-Yeah I'll take them." I gave in.

"Phew- Thanks." Joheun thanked me, "Three people are already at the table- and one of them is kind of cute-"

"Of course you'd notice" I teased Joheun.

"Oh- and a heads up, I recognize the woman, she's worth more than your regulars-"

My eyes widened- my "regulars" are millionaires.

I wondered how rich that woman must have been to intimidate Joheun so much she'd give me the table.

"Yeah- she's stinking rich, try to be nice to them." Joheun advised me.

"I'm always nice."

Joheun chuckled at me, "yeah- sure."

I turned around to push Joheun kiddingly but she had walked away.

"I'm pretty sure they're waiting for the owner, so go over a.s.a.p or they may just leave without tipping you!" I could hear Joheun say from a distance.

I sighed and went over for the menus, and then to their table.

I slowly approached their table with a polite smile- but I almost broke character when I saw who was sitting next to the woman and man-