Chapter:34

"Oh honey, you didn't have to bother so much". Maddison Clarke said once I gave her the pie I baked for the Thanksgiving dinner.

"Oh it was not a bother I loved baking it". I told her.

Aww you are so sweet". She cooed and hugged me.

I returned the hug back with the same warmth I don't know why but her hugs are always warm I mean this was not the first time I hugged her I had already hugged her once when she was in India on the day of the show.

"Michelle, she is Tina Mehta you remember I talked to you about her about the show?" She said to her sister.

"Oh Tina, I am so glad you came I told your boyfriend to bring you home so many times but we never got time to discuss about it but I am so happy I finally met you". She gushed.

I gave her a wide smile and said, "Thank you! For inviting me for he dinner and the pleasure is all mine to meet you".

"Oh it's nothing you are a family". She said waving her hand.

"Yeah it's really not a bother". Michelle, her sister agreed.

"Okay so you guys didn't miss us and you totally forgot about us once you met her. I am so jealous". Tess said.

"Aww my baby girl come here and let me have a good look at you I haven't seem you in a long time". She said while hugging her and than she kept her at the arms length to see her.

"You look beautiful in this dress".
Maddison Clarke told her daughter.

"Agreed". Michelle agreed.

"Where shall I keep this pie?" I asked once we reached the family room.

"Oh give it to me I will keep it in the kitchen". Michelle said.

"Thank you!" I told her with a smile.

The living room of Clarke house was classic it was something straight out of the high budget movie but at the same time it had a cozy and homely vibe.

It was all white and golden in colour with white plush sofas, there was a fire place and two rocking chairs near it and above the fireplace there were photo frames situated neatly even the walls were covered with at least one photo frame. It wasn't too much or suffocating it had its own beauty and space to everything.

"The place is beautiful". I commented when I noticed Tess sat beside me.

"Thank you! And it was my mum's and my aunt Michelle's idea they are always obsessed with the colour white and family photos they won't leave a moment to click pictures with the family". She explained.

"Wow! That's actually great! We can capture memories and that's the beauty of pictures we can relieve the moment again". I said.

"Is that our pictures?" I gasped.

"Yes". She said.

"How did she get a hold of it?" I asked.

"We have a tradition to watch all the albums and photos we have in a digital format or in the album's to watch on Thanksgiving that is why we are here early and it was that time my brother was sulking plus we all were a but sad you know but my mom saw our pictures and decided to put them in frames too so that we can cherish them but you returned back so we can always create new memories everyday like we always do". She said while side hugging me.

I hugged her back and said, "Tess, I am sorry for actually leaving just like that without a proper goodbye—" she cut me off.

"You don't have to say sorry it is fine I get it". She said.

"I know what you mean but let me tell you this, actually I was being selfish I couldn't say goodbye to you guys because you guys were my family and still guys still are and to be honest I never thought three strangers turning to my best friends and than your twin to be my boyfriend and that time I never thought I would come back so I thought it would hurt you more so..." I trailed off.

"It's fine we all have reasons we get it". Tressa sniffled.