Chapter:1

"Can you please send a coffee to table no. 12?, thank you" with that I hung up the phone, it was just a busy day and my 5th cup of coffee within 3 hours, actually it wasn't the regular busy day but the "do or die day" for the company I work for.

Hello, I am Tina Mehta, a fashion designer, who studied fashion from a prestiguous fashion school yeah I know people would now being gasping why not from France and all stuff, right? But I wanted to learn from America and not from Europe no specific reason *shrugs* "Parsons School Of Design". It was a two year course and then I added another 2 year course that is MBA in Fashion actually MBA was a rescue for not marrying early.

I am from a conservative Indian typical family that people have thinking for I can't talk to boys, stay with them, nor have any right to choose my life partner which figures to arranged marriage obviously but this all changed after I had my stay for 4 years in America they got to know more about me and my mindset after all the frequent visits to USA during my plan of studies.

My thoughts were interrupted with someone calling me, "Ma'am, your coffee."

"Yeah, thankyou." I replied. I took my coffee from the person who brought me my coffee and collected other 4 cups which were already kept aside, while collecting the cups suddenly the cafeteria person of the office spoke, "Ma'am, are you stressed?"

I furrowed my eyebrows questioned him the reason behind the question he just said that I have never drank this much amount of caffine during my 2.5 years of work period.

I quickly forced a smile on my face and said, "No the regular stress."

He replied me, "Okay, do you need anything else."

I nodded my head indicating him a no and he left. I heaved a sighed and was about to go back to my work and then I was again interrupted by someone calling and this time it was my colleague Aadil Shaikh.

"Tina, what is this?" he questioned me in his tone it was clearly evident that he was worried.

I asked him, "what,what?"

This time he mocked me, "Is it neccessary to answer a question with an another question?"

I furrowed my eyebrows for second time in the day he got my confusion and took the coffee cup from my hands and asked me again "Why are you gulping down so much amount of caffine down my system?"

I just shrugged and answered, "Just the normal work stress, nothing else and obviously this new "do or die" project" I air quoted do or die for emphasise.

He raised an eyebrow surprisingly and shrugged and made me seat on my chair and pulled an another chair from the adjacent table and told me, "Tina, listen I know this is important to you and I totally get that you are stressed out and freaking out inside right now, but this would affect your health too, if you are stressed then at least take a bit of break and then have some juice and a sandwich or something, but do not gulp down so much of coffee down your system".

Actually Aadil isn't only colleague but also my friend whom I can count on. He was actually my first friend after returning from USA and at my job too. Returning back from USA was almost devastating because after 4 years I left back my practically second family there.

Aadil snapped his fingers in front of my eyes. "Back to Earth Tina". I shyly put my hair behind my ear and said a quick sorry and with that he told me to take care of myself and he would catch me up during lunch and he left.

I sighed again and took a quick glance at the two pictures on my table one which was of my first family and second my family from USA and continued my work and the day went on with a blur it was a busy tiring day but my work was never ending, thus I had to stay back after office hours just to complete the dang task.