Chapter:26

I was woken up by the ringing phone in my hoodie pocket. I quickly fished it out and quickly answered the call.

I was sleeping beside Tyler on the couch he had wrapped his arm around my waist and there was a blanket upon us and I noticed that everyone was also asleep on the floor with their own blankets and saw that TV screen was on.

"Hello?" I said in my half asleep state while quickly turned the TV screen off.

"Tina?" My dad said through the phone.

Only then I had noticed the time it was around 3 in the morning.

"Dad, what happened is everything okay?" I asked because calling in the middle of the night was never a good time.

I pushed the bad thoughts and waited for my dad to answer, thinking maybe I am just paranoid and he wants something from home when we come tomorrow to visit my grandfather.

"Tina, it's your grandfather". He said.

My heartbeats were fast I could literally feel them in my ears and it might even break my ribcage, they were that fast.

"What happened, dad he is okay right?" I asked.

"Tina, nothing is right". He informed me.

"What exactly has happened,dad?" I asked calmly a bit too calmly than my liking.

I noticed that everyone was awaken by now. Meet had asked me what's up but I mouthed him that I don't know.

"Tina, he didn't make it". My dad said.

"What do you mean by didn't make it?" I asked.

By now everyone was now fully awaken like me and ready for action.

"He is no more". My dad said quickly a bit too quickly for my liking.

"Dad, that can't be true". I told him.

"Yes Tina, he was lying down in his bed he was asleep than suddenly he woke up clutching his chest and he fell down I called the doctor while Raghu was with him in the room. Doctors gave him shock treatment too but nothing worked and his heartbeat went from zigzag to blank". My dad finished.

"Okay, we are coming". Is all I said with a sigh.

"What's up?" My sister asked.

I just nodded my head getting up and they knew what I meant my sister and Preeti started crying at the corner of my eyes I could see my brothers were too trying hard to not cry.

"C'mon we have to go to hospital". I told them trying to be strong.

I took the car keys, house keys and my back pack which I had kept on the side of the family room and wore my shoes and others followed my suit and made our way out.

"I am driving". I told them.

No one argued and let me do whatever I had to. The hospital ride was around twenty minutes from my house and the whole ride was silent the tension was thick in the air. We reached hospital within 15 minutes and quickly made our way towards my grandfather's room. Outside the room near the waiting area I saw my parents, and my uncle and both aunts even my grandma was present all were sniffling.

I straight went into his room and saw that all the machines were now detached and his bed empty. I quickly came out and asked my dad,"Dad, where is he?"

"In the morgue we will be getting him once the formalities are finished". He informed.

"I am going and finishing up everything". I said with a bit steady voice.