Chapter:17

The next day at noon after my cousin Heer went back to her place. My dad, mom and sister along with me we were all watching TV while the door bell rang so I got up to answer the door.

"Yes?" I said while answering the door.

"Good morning, I am Mr. Mohan, from your Shanti Jewellers your family jeweller and I came by to drop your order". He said.

"Oh what is it and who ordered?" I asked.

"It is Rudraksha bead studded in the gold cap it is was ordered by Mrs. Mehta few days back". He replied.

"Okay, thank you and is it paid?" I said.

"Yes, only the delivery was left". He said with a formal smile.

"Okay, thank you". I told him and he left the door and I closed the doors behind me.

I went into drawing room where everyone was sitting and opened the bag and saw that they were two Rudraksha beads and asked my mom, "Mom, why did you ordered this?" I asked.

"Oh they are for you and your sister because you know you are going USA so it is a gift and one your sister as her exam gift". She said.

I was in an awe when I looked at them and my mom knew me well to know that I believed in Lord Shiva. And this Rudraksha bead represents him it brings calm, luck to a person's life. My mother took the bead chain from my hand and clasped it around my neck and she did the same with my sister.

I hugged my mom and said,"Thank you so much, I really loved this".

After our little moment with my mom my dad said,"What about me? No hug?"

I hugged him and laughed a bit at his antics after sometime we all settled in the comfortable silence and watched TV by the time the show was over it was about 4 in the evening and I made my way to kitchen to make some coffee for all of us and returned to the drawing room with the coffee mugs.

"Tina, did you do the last checking with your documents, clothes and other things". He asked.

"Oh yeah but I will do it again and yeah mom was saying she needs to pack some things for me like you know the pickle and stuff". I told him.

"Okay". He said.

After drinking coffee mom went into the kitchen and as if on cue my mother brought a huge shopping bag which I had purchased some things few days back it had everything I need to pack in a bag for New York.

So my whole family got up and started to walk towards my room and I didn't say anything and let them come with me.

I removed an another huge bag from the shelf and started packing it neatly when I removed three packets of instant noodles all were the pack of 12.

"Di, you know there won't be a drought in NYC and there are Indian stores up so you can find this Maggi noodles over there too". My sister said at the amount of packets I took.

"I know but the taste won't be same don't you remember the last time I went there you had mail me". I whined.

My sister just rolled eyes and my parents laughed at our antics.

I packed all the things which included instant noodles, my mom's handmade pickle, some other her handmade stuffs.

After packing neatly the food I saw there were 2 bags full of clothes 1 bag of shoes and bags, makeup and documents and 1 backpack which will be my on board luggage and 1 bag of food so in total there were 4 luggage bags and 1 backpack I checked my backpack one last time what I needed and the passport and my tickets and visa.