Chapter:3

My sister turned her eyes into thin slits jokingly.

"I guess I wasn't that low to say that." I said sheepishly.

"No it wasn't". My sister said jokingly and started laughing a while after we both found each other laughing our hearts out.

I stopped laughing and spoke, "Listen K, I actually want to tell you everything now okay and yes just give me 5 to 10 minutes I need to complete some work like need to send an e-mail, is it fine with you?".

Krishi plastered a huge smile on her face showing her pearls and nodded an enthusiastic yes.

My laugh was cut short with a chime of my phone indicating that I received a message I just shook my head and sighed and mumbled to myself, "What is with people sending me texts all of a sudden that too today".

I opened the mail which I received just now it was again from my office's HR department and it said that

I am having an off tomorrow and I need to tell my decision by Monday morning and if I accept my transfer and promotion then I need to bring all the documents for the procedure and also I would be given a year's work visa than I would be upgraded to a green card and for further procedure I need to send a confirmation email for the transfer. And according to the norms of the company if I don't accept the transfer and promotion than I need to give my resignation.

Actually in reality I was first working just as an intern in the company but after the first half of my internship I was being selected as an employee thus it is my dream job at "Basic, but Bold".

Now I really have to do something about this mess now. So I decided I would reply Amy and email tomorrow today I just need to hang out with my baby sister and will talk to mom and dad tomorrow about it. Maybe they would help me with this.

I put my phone on the charging point on my night stand and stood up to go to kitchen to prepare some popcorn so till then Krishi will set everything in my room.

I moved to kitchen and put some seeds in a microwave able bowl and popped them and took the salty buttery heaven back to my room where Krishika had already set everything.

Hey Krishi, I am back with the popcorn so that we can have them while I tell you everything.

I cleared my throat and began, "Okay, so firstly let me tell you don't kill after I tell you something right now so-"

"Di cut the crap and get straight to point". My little sister crossed her arms around her chest just to look intimidating but she failed in it when she barked out a laugh.

"Okay listen, I take deep breath and IamnotonlybeingpromotedbuttransferedtoNYC". There, I said it all in one go, one breath oh freaking damn I said it.

Here I let a heavy sigh and there was Krishika shell shocked with her mouth agape "you-you, you what?".

"Yes Krishi" I nodded and confirmed her doubt "And that is why I am having second thoughts". After my speech I was fidgeting with a loose thread of my shirt and was looking down showing sudden interest to the bed sheet spread on my bed.

But I only hear a squeal and was engulfed in a tight hug that almost made me fall on my head on the floor of my bedroom.

"Di I am so so so happy for you, you deserve it actually more than deserve it after all you worked your butt off".

"Thank you K, but what about you people I had already left you people back then for four years and not anymore I just can't".

"Listen Miss Mehta time to knock some sense in you I know I am younger and all but I don't care first you deserve it because you work your butt off for this as an assistant you shouldn't be drowning some much into work but you did, you finished all your task even before the deadline, second you have the dedication for this job and this is your merit that you are getting this do not self pity and you are going".