Chapter 24: Love me like you do

Love me like you do -Ellie Goulding

I tap my pencil against the desk top and stare blankly at the board in front of me.  For several reasons I did not want to be here.  I wanted to see Landon and I wasn't ready to come back to school.   I sigh and glance at the clock on the wall next to the door.

I was becoming impatient with time.  Finally after several agonizing minutes the clock struck 2:30 and the final bell rang.  With a surprise amount of energy I hoped out of my desk, slung my backpack onto my back and sped walked out of the classroom.

I spotted Landon's car but no Landon. I must've beat him outside.  I lean against the stone building that was my highschool and waited for Landon. 

Alyssa and Parker walked out of the building Greyson trailing behind them. When Alyssa saw me, a large grin played on her lips and she let go of Parker's hand and jumped on me.

"Hey!" She squealed in excitement.  I giggled and pulled back a little to look at her.

"Hello." I pull completely away and look at Parker and Greyson. "Hey guys." Turning back to Alyssa, "You act like I haven't seen you in weeks."

"It feels like I haven't." She pouts and begans to sulk.  "How about we hang out this weekend?"

I nod in agreement before she turns to Parker and grabs him pulling him closely to her.  She gave me a smile before they both trotted off towards his car. Grayson stepped in front of me taking my attention away from my best friend and her beau.

"Kayla," he said my name slowly and gave me a crooked grin. I narrow my eyes suspicious of his intentions.

"Greyson." I stated his name plainly and watched him emotionless.

"So you and Landon are a thing again...when you swore you weren't going to take back that douche bag."

"Watch it.  That douche bag is my boyfriend. I didn't mean what I had said. It's Landon... it's always going to be Landon."

His face reddened in embarrassment and be took a deep breath. "It doesn't have to be Landon. He's not a good guy, he will never be a good guy."

I shrug," Well I guess that's my problem, but I'm in love with him. You can't change that. "

Before he could respond I see Landon from the corner of my eye approaching us. I turn my head to look at him and gave him a smile.

"Baby," he says giving me a kiss resulting in a gagging sound from Grayson. Landon pulled away and looked over to Grayson with a grimace. "Nobody asked you to be here... Garrett."

"Well I was talking to Kayla before you rudely interrupted us."

"There was actually nothing to interrupt seeing that the conversation that we were having is over," I intercede glaring at Greyson.  I had hoped he wouldn't be a problem seeing that we were merely friends despite that one kiss we shared. I put my arm around Landon and laid my head on his chest. He reciprocated my act of affection by placing his arm around my shoulder.

"Good bye Greyson," I murmur softly and sigh.  We moved around him and proceeded to descend the stone staircase leading down to the relatively empty student parking lot.  Landon planted a kiss to my forehead as we walked and in response I smiled.

"So how about we grab something to eat before I take you home," he suggests looking down at me. I shrug as he pulls his arm from around me so that he could open the car door for me.

"Can I mess with the radio?" I give him a gigantic smile in hopes of persuading him to let me have my way.

"Last time I let you mess with the radio you had me listening to Justin Berber," he says placing his hands on the car in front of him. He leaned into the car, a playful grin tugging at his lips. I roll my eyes and pout equally playful.