Chapter 15: Trouble in Paradise

"So are you going over to Parker's for the bonfire and then the hookah lounge?" Alyssa asked me as we sat in class staring ahead at the board, our teacher, Mr. Anderson was scribbling on.

"I don't know, I'm kind of trying to get in as much time with Landon as possible," I reply, scribbling down the notes as they were written.

"What?  Landon said he was going."  I stop glancing up from my notes and over at her.

"He said that?"

"Yeah, he didn't talk to you about it?" She frowned in confusion.  "He was telling Ryan that he was only going to be there for a little bit though."

"He didn't tell me actually.  I assumed we were just going to hang out tonight. Just the two of us."  I shrug," But I guess the bonfire would be cool to.  We could always hang out alone after the bonfire." I glanced up the aisle at Landon's back.  He had his head down and of course he was sleeping the class away – as usual. I could not understand how he had managed to maintain a B average in this class.

"You two need to get out.  I literally haven't seen you outside of school in weeks and I miss my estranged best friend," Alyssa pouted and in turn I laughed.

Mr. Anderson whipped his head around and narrowed his eyes glaring at me. "Ms. Wright would you like to tell the class what's so funny?" He snapped, giving me a stern look.

I quickly shake my head and he turns to Landon.  "And Mr. Robinson wake up," he barked at Landon, causing him to jump out of his seat in surprise.  The entire class burst into laughter as Landon fell to the ground, his head whipping from side to side as he looked around like a lost puppy.

"Wha-What?" He stammered, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Stop going to sleep in my class or I'll write you up."  Mr. Anderson turned back to the board and went back to writing down the notes for us. When the bell finally rang I happily jumped out of my desk and grabbed my opened notebook and back pack –Slinging it over my shoulder – and headed out the classroom door.  I stopped outside in the hall and patiently wait for Landon.  Several seconds later he finally came walking out, lifting his arms to stretch.

"Hey baby," he said through a yawn and pulled me into his arms so that he could peck me on the lips.

"Hey Landon," I reply once he had pulled away. "Landon why didn't you tell me that you were going to the bonfire tonight?"

"Because I wasn't aware that I had to tell you everything I was doing," he says, his voice rising with irritation.

"I didn't say that."  I shove his arm from around my shoulder and move to stand in front of him. "What the fuck is wrong with you today?"

"Listen my head hurts, can you please lower your voice?"

"Whatever," I turn around and begin to walk away, but he takes a hold of my hand and pulls me back towards him. "What Landon?"

"I'm going to Parker's Bonfire," he tells me.

"Are you fucking kidding me? I already know you don't have to tell me." I pull my hand from his, but stand idly in front of him.  Waiting for explanation to his attitude and an apology.

"I just wanted to tell you. I'm picking you up at seven."

"I don't want to go with you Landon."

"Why are you acting so funny?"

"Me? I'm the one acting funny?"

"Yes, just be ready at seven," he quipped and walks ahead of me. My head rears back a little shocked by his annoying attitude.  He was acting like the biggest fucking jerk and I wasn't having it. I followed him into our study hall class, but instead of sitting by him I took the seat directly behind him, which lead to Jessica sitting in my usual seat.  He turned around and looked back at me.