Chapter 14: Sweet Nothings

"Okay, I have Frozen, Lego Movie and a bootleg copy of The Fault in our Stars?" I say holding up the DVDs so that Alyssa could see them.

"A bootleg?" she questions, cocking one of her brows

"We went to see it the other day and I liked it so much he said he'd get it for me so he found some guy and he sold him a bootleg copy.  He's super sweet isn't he?" I laugh and take a seat beside her before kicking my feet up and placing them on top of the coffee table in my living room.  I knew that if my mom was home she would probably pull out her belt and threaten to 'whoop my ass' if I didn't take my feet off the coffee table, but luckily for me she wasn't home.  Alyssa was having guy problems so I invited her over for a girl's night.

"Very," she remarked drily and glared down at the icecream in the container she held before she dug a spoon into it and placed the spoon in her mouth.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" I ask, peeking over at her.  

"No, not yet. Give me a few more minutes."  I nod and watch her as she continued to spoon large amounts of ice cream into her mouth.  

"Do you know what movie you want to watch?"

She shrugged, "Pick whatever. Actually let's watch that bootleg."

"Okay, whatever you want."  I give her a smile, which was not returned.  I stood from the couch and went to the DVD player to place the disc inside.  Before I could retake my seat the doorbell stopped me.  I walk out of the living room and to the front door.

"Who is it?" I call, peeking out of the peephole.

"Your bae," Landon called back.  I open the door and smile at him, before my smile turns into a frown. "What's with the frown?  Not happy to see me?"

"Actually... yeah, but no at the same time," I say.

"Can I have a definite answer please?" He gives me a bored look.  I open my mouth to respond, but Alyssa comes up behind me asking me who was at the door. 

"Oh hey Landon," she grumbles and walks away from the door slumped over.

"What's up with her?" Landon asks, staring after her curiously.

"Boy problems.  We're having a girl's night out so we can talk and stuff, but so far it's just been ice cream and moping," I explain.  

"Maybe I can cheer her up," he suggests.

"Landon, I don't think so.  If I can't get her to talk what makes you think that you can get her to talk?" I cross my arms over my chest and lean against the door hinge all while staring at him amused.

"I'm a guy I understand guys, duh.  Just step aside please." He moved pass me leaving me at the front door alone.  Rolling my eyes, I turn around and shut the door behind me, before I follow him into the living room where Alyssa sat pouting and watching the beginning of The Fault in Our Stars.

She looked over at us, her eyes focusing mainly on Landon.  "I thought it was a girl's night out?" She surmised.

"Landon insisted that you and he talk," I tell her, walking over towards the couch where she was sitting.  I took the seat next to her and looked over at Landon expectedly.

He took the seat on the other side of her and we all sat there in silence for a while.

"You know he broke up with me because he wants to get married now," Alyssa blurts finally.

"He wants to get married? How old is this dude?" 

"Nineteen, he graduated last year," Alyssa says.