Chapter 17: The L Word

"Merry Christmas!" Alyssa cheerfully sings bouncing around on my door step.  I attempt to close the door in her face, but she places her foot in the doorway and prevents me from doing so. 

With surprising exhilaration she pushes the door open and forces her way in. "You don't get your present misses Grinch," she grumbles moving pass me.  Jake had to go back to Valdosta because that was where his family lived, which was convenient for him since he was stationed there. Otherwise he would've been with her.

She walked into the living room slinging an annoying bell around creating a bothersome ring.  I grab the bell silencing the infuriating noise.  Sighing I drop down onto the couch and look at her and her enormous bag of presents.

"Here comes Santa Clause," I say laughing as she trotted over to the couch beside me.  She slung the bag from her shoulders and place it on the floor at her feet.

"Where's your mom?" She leans down and began to rummage through the bag searching for something.

"She went to find a place that was opened.  She wanted hot chocolate and she forgot to pick it up yesterday." Finally Alyssa sits back up and places a long red box on her lap.

"This is for you," she tells me and hands me the box. In giddy child-like excitement I tear the paper off of the box and pull the lid off of it.  Inside the box pass the tissue paper was a cute pair of skinny jeans and a sweater.

"This is super cute.  Where did you get these from?"

"I went to Rue21 and Forever 21."

"Thank you," I sit aside the box and move over towards her so that I could give her a hug. Pulling away I sigh and lean back against the couch.  I was extremely lethargic due to the fact that Landon and I had been going at it for a while.  It was starting to become tiring and I was in serious need of a break.

Abruptly my front door comes open and Landon waltzes into the room with a red satin bag slung over his shoulder and a Santa clause suit on.

I blinked at him several times before my mouth fell into a grimace.  "You look absolutely ridiculous," I acknowledged frankly receiving a pointed look from him. 

"Thank you.  You look ridiculous as well," he replied, his chin darting out as if he had accomplished something tremendously great.

I roll my eyes and watch him as he walked farther into the room and perches himself on the armrest of the sofa.  He turned his blue gaze towards me and crossed his legs at his ankles.

"You don't get your present until tonight.  Alyssa I have something for you though," he tells us.  Frowning I poke my lip out and crease my brows.

"Why do I have to wait?" I pout.

"Because."  He doesn't finish the sentence instead he reaches down into the bag and pulls out a small bag.

"Oh goody! I wasn't expecting a present from the infamous Landon Robinson."  She grabbed the bag and pulled out a box that held a  bottle of perfume. "Oh shit, is this Heat by Beyoncé?" She pressed her hand to her mouth and let out a mock sob.  "I love you so much Landon." Turning away from us she began to douse herself in the perfume at every angle of her body.

Shaking my head I chuckle lightly and turn back to Landon who was sitting there quietly.  Casually I lift my hand up and thump him in the back of the neck.

"Ouch," he hissed, grabbing at the back of his neck and rubbing away the pain.  Unexpectedly he wrapped his arm around my torso and pulled me off of the couch and dragged me down to the floor.