Chapter 7: Unexpected Confessions and Rejections

Landon's POV

After I kissed Rebecca,  I felt like shit.   I didn't understand why I felt so shitty,  but I did. I removed my hands from her body and walked away without so much as an apology.

I searched the house for Kayla,  but came up empty.   As soon as I walked out to my car I spotted her, leaned up against a silver Camry.  She was frowning and texting and talking to herself. 

"That fucking bastard. I can't fucking stand him,  I'm going to punch him in that giraffe neck.   Yeah,  I'll put a dent in it, " she grumbles, before continuing to text. 

I wanted to laugh, but I didn't want her to punch me in my 'giraffe' neck.  

"Kayla, " I spoke,  grabbing her attention and getting a angry glare.

"Leave me the fuck alone, you dinosaur ass. "

"Dinosaur ass?  What the fuck kind of insult is that? "

She groans,  pushing away from the car and walking away.  

"Kayla, we are not done talking! " I yell and follow her. 

"Yes we are, you moron!"

I finally caught up to her, grabbing her and spinning her around to face me.  "You have absolutely no reason to be angry with me.  I might like that girl, why are you being so fucking jealous?  We are only fuck buddies! "

She looks away, biting her lips.  I hated when she did that.  The way she bit into her lush lips always turned me on, but now was not the time to think of sex. 

"You're totally right, we are only fuck buddies.   I don't think we should be that anymore,  things have become complicated and lines are becoming too blurred.   I feel like I'm starting to like you... but I don't want to. " 

Her admission took me off guard and it made me think hard. 

"You like me?" I ask my brow knitting together.  

"Fuck,  I don't know.  I'm jealous.   Why the fuck am I jealous?  You're annoying,  you annoy me pass the point of annoyance.  You're a shit head,  you say stupid stuff and I hate being around you, Sometimes."

"Wow thanks, " I remark dryly. 

"Shut up. Please. "

I roll my eyes and let go of her wrist to fold my arms across my chest waiting for her to continue. 

"I don't want to be with you,  Landon.   I liked what we had, but now it's becoming irritating.  I don't... like to think of you with another girl,  but I don't like to think of you with me." 

"Kayla you're really confusing me here. "

"Landon, the deal is off.  Go fuck who you want,  it's not going to be me anymore. "

"But -"

"I just can't deal with it anymore.  I can't deal with you anymore,  you're a player,  you're a dog,  you're an asshole,  and I don't want to be with a guy like that. "

"How did you know I liked you too?" I cock a brow watching as she blushed in embarrassment. 

"Um -"

"I do,  but how did you know? " I ask. 

"You were Jealous too. "

"Hunter is a jerk you shouldn't -"

"And you aren't?  Landon it was a fun week, I really enjoyed it,  you were great, but you're not my guy.   You're not someone I could see myself with. "