Chapter 16: Date Night

"Houston we have a problem." I fall onto Alyssa's couch and lay my head on her shoulder. "Landon is moving to North Carolina in a week and a half."

"What?  Why?  When did this happen?" she asks, sitting up causing my head to fall off her shoulder and onto the couch.

"About two weeks ago," I tell her lifting my head up and sitting back against the couch and heaving a breath.  "His dad wants him to stay with him for an entire semester and he decided to go."

"Whyyy," she draws out the y to emphasize what she saying.

"He wants to get to know the guy that abandoned him."

We both grow quiet staring ahead at the television which was on mute.  Finally after several seconds of silence we both turned to each other. "If your dad was still alive would you go live with him?"

I shrug, "I'm not sure.  I mean he's my dad, but he abandoned me.  He abandoned me and then he died.  I hate being angry with him, but I'm really angry with him.  I don't know if I'd like to meet a guy like that."

"Are you sure?  Like you know what they say about girls who don't know their father, right?"

"Yeah, but I've met my father and besides I'm not pregnant and I'm not a hoe.  I've had sex, but I only plan on having sex with one person for a very long time."

"You sound very sprung. You remember when you said Landon wasn't good in the sack?  You sound like the biggest contradiction right now.  Landon has to be doing something right," Alyssa laughs elbowing me in the side.

"I'm not talking so stop," I giggle. 

"Ahhhhh you're not fun," she whined and made a grab for my fun.  As soon as she grabbed her phone mine vibrated in my lap.  I picked it up to see that Landon had sent me a text messages. The text was just a bunch of suggestive emojis and it made me roll my eyes.

"Landon must be horny," Alyssa commented looking over my shoulder at my phone.  "Ooo go get yo man."

"Alyssa we are hanging out today.  Everytime we try to hang out we always ditch each other for our boyfriends.  Let's at least get through a hour."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. So guess what?"

I look up from my phone and look over at her. "What?"

"Jake and I talked about the whole marriage thing and we're going to get married after I graduate and I'm going to fly down to Valdosta because he's being stationed there. "

"You're moving after we graduate?  I thought we were going to go to Georgia State together."

"I'm actually going to go to college there.  They have a great school and his military buddies are super nice. If things with Landon don't work out we can hook you up.  They drink a lot though."

"No thanks. The long distance thing is working out for you and Jake."

"Yeah, but Landon is Landon Robinson.  He is The Landon Robinson and everybody knows what Landon does."

"I trust him."

"Maybe you can.  I just don't want to see you get hurt.  I might be forced to beat his ass."

"Don't worry about it.  I'm sure the distance will only make us stronger."

"Yeah..." Alyssa trailed off and then jumped up in excitement. "Ermergod, Christmas is in two days!"

"Yeah instead of buying something for Landon I made him something," I say smiling brightly as I thought about my gift. "I decided to make him a dvd."