Chapter 9: Withdrawls

"Mom!" I yell,  making my way down stairs.  A entire week had passed since my confrontation with Kayla. I wasn't going to harp on something that could've been when I could easily find something that could be. 

"Yes, Landon,  honey?" she answered from the wash room.

I walked into the room and leaned against the doorframe watching her place dirty clothes into the washing machine. 

"I'm about to head out with Cayden and Ryan." I fold my arms over my chest and sigh.

"Okay,  honey.   I'll see you later. " She glanced over at me giving me a smile.   My mom had been dealing with my father's shit lately and I wanted to be there for her.  We had spent alot of time discussing things and I felt like I had reassured her that things would be alright. Tonight she was going to go out with Kayla's mom,  Candace and they were going to have a girl's night,  which was code for getting hammered.

I smile back at her and turn around to leave.  "Wait, wait Landon we need to talk, " she called me back.   I spin back around to face her.

"Yeah?" I ask curiously.

"Landon I haven't really had the talk properly with you. "

I completely stilled,  my cheeks heating.  "Why... are you bringing this up right now? " I swallowed,  nervously. 

"I don't want you to get some girl pregnant and according to your trashcan in your bathroom you're being precautious, but Landon be more cautious.  I don't think having a baby at 16 is what you want.  I don't want you having sex at all,  but I know you're going to do what you want all I can do is tell you to be careful.  Be careful, okay?" Her brows were pulled together wearily as she gazed over at me.

I couldn't promise her no sex,  but I could assure her I was going to be careful.   As much as I enjoyed sex I wasn't stupid.  I always wore a condom and sometimes made sure the girl was on birth control.   I didn't want kids and I didn't want to be stuck to any of the hoes I messed with. 

"Okay,  mom,  I love you. " I turn back around and leave the house.  As I was making my way towards my car someone called my name.   I turned around to see Kayla approaching me with a slight frown on her face.  Her facial expression seemed nervous and unsure as she continued to walk towards me.

"Hey," she squeaked stopping in front of me.

"Hey, what's up?" I wasn't sure about this either.  I still wasn't over whatever we had.  I missed talking to her and kissing her and fucking her.

She had to be the best sex I'd ever had,  I thought sarcastically. 

"You going to Pizza Planet? " she asked,  moving her mouth sideways grabbing my attention.  I pull my eyes away from her lips to look in her eyes.

"Yeah, why?"

"Do you mind giving me a ride?"

I was very reluctant about giving her a ride.  The reasons behind my hesitation was that if she got into my car I'd go back to square one.   I'd begin to become addicted again and right now I was just trying to get through the withdrawals. 

I sigh and shrug, " Sure. " I turned away from her and head towards my car.  Evidently I still had feelings for her,  but for right now I was willing to push those feelings aside to give her a ride. 

Unlocking the door to my car I open it and slide into the seat waiting for her to follow suit.  I turned my head realizing that she hadn't moved from the spot she was in before.  

I roll my eyes becoming impatient.   I just wanted to get this awkward car ride over with.  I tapped on the steering watching as she stood there in what looked like deliberation.