Chapter 11: Oddly into You

Eyes bore into me as we walked down the long corridor.  People were looking at me and it didn't feel nice at all.  It made me want to duck into one of the many classrooms lining the hallway. Landon's arm around my shoulder was the only thing preventing me from retreating into the rooms.  He seemed to be unmoved by the unnecessary attention that was directed towards us.

"Kayla," Alyssa called from the distance waving at me.  Her eyes darted to Landon's arm around my shoulder and then a smirk settled on her lips.

"Hey, Landon I'm going to go ...over there," I stammered, trying to pull away from him.  Instead of letting me go he only tightened his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer towards him so that he could press a kiss to my cheek.

"I'll go with you," He offered.  I roll my eyes at him and allow him to walk with me over to Alyssa.

"Lys," I greet, my voice trailing off as I glanced at her.  She was looking at Landon with a knowing smile, which could only mean she was being sneaky. "Why are you smiling like that?"

Her eyes snapped to me and she shrugged. "I'm just happy to see you've finally come to your senses," she says.  She nods at Landon, that goofy smile still on her face.  "Landon how did you manage to get her to snap into reality?"

"Well I don't like to brag, but it was probably my tongue -"

"Whoa," I chimed in, my face burning with embarrassment.

"I have a way with words," he finished, grinning like an idiot.  He was such an asshole. I groan throwing my head back so that I could glare at the ceiling.

"Anyways, Alyssa we should head to class," I say, smiling at her. 

"We're all in the same class Kayla, I feel like you're trying to get away from me."

"Well..." I trail off averting my gaze towards the lockers lining the walls. "Landon people keep looking at us and it's making me very uncomfortable.  I don't care what any one of these people think, but seriously I don't want to be gawked at for the entire day."

"Baby" he cooed leaning forward.  When he called me baby it gave me butterflies and it made me want to jump on him and fuck him in the middle of the hallway.  Endearments were foreign to us and the fact that he was using one gave me such a tingling in the pit of my belly. "Ignore those people.  Look who you're with.  You should be prepared to be gawked out for the next week.  We're going to be the talk of the school."

"Yeah I can see it now, Kay.  'Sex God meets Booty Queen'" Alyssa said, clapping her hands together in excitement.

My brows crease as I turn to her a look of slight irritation crossing my face.  "What is so fantastic about my butt?" I ask, twisting my neck so that I could glance at my behind.

Landon chuckled noticing what I was doing. He quirked a brow and looked over at Alyssa who had also noticed me checking my ass out. 

"If you don't see that your ass is the bomb dot com, then we can't tell you.  You have to see it for yourself," she commented.  She turned her attention to Landon and gave him a smile. "Okay Landy pooh, take care of my best friend. I'm usually a sweet calm person, but I will break your fucking neck if you hurt her," she stated, her tone extremely calm. 

The way that she said that was sort of scary, and I could tell Landon felt the impact of her words when he reared back slightly fearful.

"Okay, Lys, he gets it.  You're a fucking psycho."

She threw a smile at me.  "And you better fucking believe it.  I'm off, doll, I have to have a certain conversation with a certain military guy." She blew a kiss at me, threw a threatening glare at Landon, and then walked away.