Chapter 5: The Signs of Addiction

Kayla's POV

"Alyssa I promise I'm not mad anymore," I reassure my bestfriend.

"Okay," she sighs, shuffling through papers on my bed. "Homework?" She quirks an eyebrow and holds up my AP language papers. 

I shrug, "Go ahead Lys, but bring it back pronto." I shift through various shirts in my closets.  Landon had asked me to go with him to a pizza parlor, one that no one attended.  We were still hiding our mature 'Relationship', even though we were going to go out.  I didn't want it to be like a date because we weren't together.  We would never be together. 

"So I have a question, Kayla," Alyssa announced. 

"Yeah?"

"How is Landon Robinson? Is he as good as girls described?"

I stop shuffling through the articles of clothing to think.  Landon lived up to the hype, definitely.  He was amazing in bed or from what I could tell.  I assumed he was amazing, because he made me feel amazing. He could be gentle sometimes, and rough at other times.  Unlike what I had heard, he always pleasured me without asking for something in return.  He was a very tentative lover, but I didn't want Alyssa to get any ideas.  He was free to be with who he wanted, but he had to understand that his sex was done with me and no one else as long as he was single and I was, too.

"He's alright,"I answer with a shrug. 

She frowns her brows pulling together in confusion.  "Why are you sleeping with him of he's simply alright?" She inquired.

"I don't know, maybe he gives good head -"

"He gives you head? I didn't take Landon for a giver? Does he receive?"

"Uh, no.  Am I suppose to?"

She gasps in shock," I think that you should.  At least once its selfish."

"Alyssa I really dont think...I know how to do that."

"Learn, you have to please ya man girl."

"I don't have to worry about that," I smirk, but realize what she had said completely.  "Landon is not my man."

"Mmhm," She murmured and grabs my homework, before walking out.

I turn back to my closet and grab black my cut out flare cami dress and my golden sandals to contrast the color in my dress. 

I placed my hair in a ponytail and slipped my clothes on.  My phone began to ring and I quickly answer it. "Hello?" I sang, looking into the mirror puckering my lips.

"Hey honey," My mommy spoke.

"Mom! Hey! Where are you?" I pout. 

"I'm in Charlotte now! Landon's mom and I are actually meeting up with Landon's father," She explains.

"What?" I say surprised.  "You lied to us about your whereabouts?"

"Kayla it was necessary.  Landon's dad wants to get full custody of Landon and Sherrie wanted me to come up Charlotte to discuss it and asked me to tag along.  I'm sorry I lied.  Things aren't getting any better either, you can'tell Landon.  Sherrie doesn't want him to get angry or anything.  We should be back in three days."

"Okay." I sit on the edge of my bed and look down at my feet swinging above the ground.

"So how's it going with Landon?"

"Fine..." I trail off.  I didn't want to say too much, because I wouldn't want to lie to her. 

"Are you two getting along?"