Chapter 1: A is for Asshole

"Kay, can you go next door to ask Sherrie if she wants to eat dinner with us tonight?" My mom asked, continuing to chop up vegetables for her homemade soup. I groan audibly, taking a seat at one of the barstools at our Island.

"Mom, you have her number. You can call, this is not the eighteenth century, phones are invented for a reason," I say, rolling my eyes. I didn't want to go over to Sherrie's because I didn't want to see Sherrie's son, Landon.

"Uh, I don't care what was invented, get ya ass up and over to her house, NOW!" my mom turned to look at me, giving me a look that I read as annoyed.

With a sigh of frustration I stood from the barstool and walked out the room, making my way upstairs to find myself a jacket. It was winter time and even though It wasn't as old as other places I felt I might need one. I picked up my light coat and walked back downstairs and out of the house. I crossed the yard and went over to Sherrie's house seeing that her car wasn't in the driveway. Recognizing as a sign that she wasn't home I turned back towards my house, only to hear a whistle behind me.

I turn around and no one was there. It was dark, nobody was home so I took that as a sign that I should head home because I wasn't stupid, I had watched enough of those Jason and Michael Myer's movies to know that the black person was the first to go. I made it back to my yard and almost made it to my door when somebody jumped out of the bushes and yelled, "Ahhhh."

Acting on instinct my hand balled up in a fist and punched the person in the face.

"Ah shit, that hurt Kayla!" I recognized the voice as Landon's. He pulled the hood from over his face, and cupped his hand over his nose.

"That's what you get for trying to scare me you ass!" I exclaim, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It was joke, and for a girl you have a nice right hook. I'm just glad I'm not bleeding, but you may have broken my nose," he grunted, wrinkling his face.

" Of course, what do you want Landon?" I ask.

"I've told you, Kayla. Stop playing hard to get, I Know you want me," He smirked.

"Trust me, Landon, I wouldn't want you if you were the last person on this earth. I would just masturbate, I don't need a man, especially one like you."

"If you and I were the last people on earth, you'd rather masturbate than have sex with me? What did I ever do to you?"

"You're a man whore, you have sex with everything that moves, you think you can get any girl you choose and you took each one of my friend's virginity. They may be really naïve and a little bit crazy to all let you do that to them, but I'm not them Landon. "

"You're right. You probably like girls anyway, you act like a guy, and sure as hell punch like a guy. You want to have a dick, Kayla?"

"If I wanted one, I'd just use you. You are a pretty big dick, Landon."

"What did you say? I have a pretty big dick? Thank you, Kayla. I didn't think you would notice."

"Eat me, asshole."

"I want to, but you won't let me," he chuckled and I roll my eyes.

"Tell your mom, she's invited for dinner," I say turning to walk into the house.

"I'm hungry, too."

"Eat hay, that is what Donkeys eat."

"You're a real..."

"Night!" I call out and open my door slamming it behind me. I walked into the kitchen and crashed down on the barstool.

"Landon?" My mom said fixing me a bowl of soup and sitting it in front of me.