Chapter 25: Love Actually

"Can I hear you say it again?" I ask quietly staring up at him with a slight smirk on my face. I couldn't contain my happiness. I was thrilled, giddy and I just wanted to jump up and down in excitement.

"I love you now can we continue?" He says letting out a long heavy breath.  I smile and cup his cheek bringing his face back down to mine.

"Yes." I pucker my lips and he softly pressed his lips to mine in a sensual tender kiss before parting my lips with his bottom lip.

"Landon -" Landon's bedroom door came flying open and his mother stood there with her eyes glued to our fully clothed entangled bodies. I quickly shoved myself away from Landon and sit up on his bed.

Landon, on the other hand, groaned audibly and sat up as well. "Mom don't you believe in knocking?" He asked his voice clear with irritation. 

"Knocking? Landon I can do whatever the hell I want.  This is my house not yours. I pay bills and you don't so I can do whatever I want to in MY house." She rolls her eyes at Landon and then glances in my direction.

"Kayla." Her voice is clipped, but not angry.  She gave me a small smile and then turned around to leave.  She kept Landon's bedroom door open and he kissed his teeth in aggravation.

"She knows I hate that shit," he growls and stands from his bed to close his door.  He grabbed the door knob and slammed the door shut.

"Don't fucking slam my door!" His mother yelled.

He sighs heavily and crashes back down on his bed. "Hey let's get out of here," he suggested looking over at me. I nod in agreement. I didn't kmow what was going on between him amd his mother, but I didn't want to sit around and watch them argue. 

I moved to stand from the bed, but before I could Landon grabs my waist and pulls me into his lap.

"I love you," he tells me his mouth curving up on one side and his eyes twinkling.  "I love you so much." Without saying anything I cupped his cheek and lowered my head so that our lips could meet.  After pressing countless kisses against his lips I pulled away and looked down into his dark brown eyes.

"I love you too."

For a second we sat there silently staring into each other's eyes.  Finally Landon tapped my leg and moved to stand up.

"Okay lets get going."

I slid off of his lap and stood up.   He stood up beside me, reached down and took my hand intertwining our fingers. Exiting his room we walked down the stairs and into the foyer where Landon's mom met us.

Immediately I became sorrowful with the knowledge that they were probably about to get into an argument.  To my surprise his mom looked at us briefly before she hurried up the stairs.  Landon didn't seem to notice because he continued to pull me towards the door. 

He opened the door and we walked outside still holding hands.  "So we are going to go to this little pool party Ryan's throwing," he informs me.

I stop quirking an inquiring eyebrow," Where was I when this decision was made."

"Do you want to go to Ryan's party?" Honestly no,  but since Landon wanted to go I was willing to compromise.

"Sure," I reply shrugging my shoulders in a  nonchalant manner.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I began to walk towards his car dragging him along behind me. "Let's go."

He chuckled and let go of my hand so that he could open the passenger's door for me. I smiled at him as I climbed into the car and he shut the door.