Chapter 29: Dirty Little Secrets

I haven't read over this so there's probably alot of spelling errors and other stuff. Also I'm half asleep right now, but y'all enjoy. :)

Alyssa was currently sitting on my bed eating a twizzler and flipping through some teen magazine. I was detangling my hair seeing that I had an appointment with my hair dresser. Prom was tomorrow and I was excited about it.

Landon and I had been a little distant from each other. With our exams and the prospect of our future hanging over our head we had a lot going on.

Too much.

Alyssa looks up at me with a smile. "So, can I see your dress now I?" She asks.

I shake my head, before smiling back over at her. "No, Lys. I'll show it to you later," I tell her, detangling one of my rather difficult knots. I groan in agony.  Boy was my hair ROUGH.

My phone began to jingle vibrantly on the counter and I glance down at the screen to see that it was Landon's father calling me. I frown confused by the surprising caller.

I sat my brush aside and pick up my phone. Curiously I swiped talk and lifted the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I inquire softly.

"Kayla! I'm glad I could reach you. I was wondering if you had a few minutes to talk?" He asks me.

"Uhm, sure..." I trail off hesitantly.

"Great. I'd rather have this discussion in person. Do you mind meeting me at that little coffee shop down the street from your high school?" Although I knew Landon's father I didn't know if I could 100% trust him. I knew how he felt about Landon and I entire college situation.

I could only imagine what he wanted to discuss with me. "Sure..." The words slipped from my tongue with severe reluctance.

"Two sound good?"

"Yeah."

"Okie doke see ya then." He ended the call leaving me with a suspicious feeling about the direction the talk we were going to have was going to take.

Regret sunk to the pit of my stomach and my throat burned as I took a deep breath. Even though I had a weird feeling about the entire thing I could be wrong and it would be a peace offering.

***

The day was gloomy, wet and rainy, per usual on a humid spring day. The day has dragged on with the impending conversation with Landon's father hovering over my head.

Sitting here, with a small mug of hot chocolate and expectations of dread I kept my eyes low and hooded.

For five minutes we had sat there quietly --idly. He was staring at me and I was focused on the table.

"You don't talk much?" He observed his deep timber voice resembling Landon's. He reminded me so much of Landon. Their eyes. Their nose. That shaggy mop of brown hair he kept perfectly styled in a rather "fuck boy" manner.

"I talk," I quip. I shrug his comment off. "I'm just curious,"I find myself admitting. I finally look up at him noticing the curious glint in his eyes, also.

"You're going to tell me Landon and I shouldn't be together." My voice was low and ominous. It trembled as I spoke, the words barely making it pass my lips.

Underneath the table I twiddled my fingers nervously.

Sighing heavily, he leaned back in his chair staring down at me. "I wasn't going to say that actually," he says. His brows had cocked and his curious glint was replaced by a look of surprise.

"You and Landon are young,"he starts. "You guys have a lot ahead of you and even if you two decide to go to separate colleges and work your relationship out long distance it's alot of work. You should be focusing on your studies." His speech made sense, his argument was valid, but I wasn't listening to his impassioned plea for us to break up.