Chapter 27: Dreams

"So, um..." I clear my throat clinching my mug tightly in my hand. He looked just as I remembered him. Given I didn't remember much about him seeing that he left when I was very young.

"You can ask me anything Kayla," my father says. Using the word Father to describe the foreign man sitting across from me made me feel awkward.

"Can I call you Clarence? Saying father is just ... Weird for me right now," I admit.

"You can call me what ever you'd like Kayla." He leans forward and looks me in the eye. Taking a deep breath,"I'm really sorry. Mostly, for leaving but right now I'm sorry for showing up in your life and disrupting it. I know all of this must be a lot to take in."

"You don't have to forgive me," he says. "But I just want you to know I'm really sorry Kayla."

I needed time to process all of this, I thought to myself. A lot of time.

                             ****

I took a seat next to Parker and Alyssa on the stadium benches. Alyssa looks over at me and gives me a warm smile.

"You doing okay?" She wraps her arm around me and squeezes my shoulder.
"Yes, I could be better, but I had a talk with him today and it was really weird but I'm glad we did talk."

"That's good." She looked over my shoulder and then gave me a quizzical look. "Where's your boyfriend?"

"He's going to be late. He's not exactly getting along with his mom right now."

"Ahhhhh." She nods. Suddenly I felt a arm wrap around my waist and Alyssa removes her arm from my shoulder and smirks.

I could feel his breath as his lips brushes against my lips. "Guess who?"

"I hope its T.I. but I'll settle for Landon since T.I. is a long shot," I joke.

"Ha, Ha. Not funny. I know you'd leave me for T.I. in a heartbeat if it was him," Landon says as I turn to face him.

"The fact that you know that makes me love you more." I giggle as he plants a kiss on my lips.

"I missed you today cutie pie."

"Aww did you just call me cutie pie?"

"Yes, I did." That earned him another kiss. Alyssa clears her throat and I break away from the kiss Landon and I were sharing.

"Yeah?" I say looking over at her exasperated.

"Did y'all come to the football game to just make out?"

"I don't even understand football Alyssa and neither do you."

She shrugged and turned to Parker.

"So do you want to get out of here? I mean we're not watching the game anyways..."

"Yeah," I smile and we proceed to get up and head towards the exit.

Alyssa stood up and looks over at us as we hurried out of the stadium. I mouth the words "Sorry" to her as Landon continued to drag me out towards his car.

He opened the passenger's door and I shuffled in. Before he could even interject I hook my phone up to his Bluetooth and as soon as he started the car I pressed play and Khelani's Gangsta started to play.

He looks over at me and smirks, "You already have a Gangsta."

"Just shut up Landon."

He chuckled and pulled out of the parking space and drove towards the parking lot exit.