3 - The sorting hat

"So, when I call your name, you will come forward and I will place the sorting hat on your head." Professor McGonagall mentions loudly with a smile.

"And you will be sorted into your houses." She speaks again while picking up the sorting hat. Then one by one she mentions first years names.

"Hermione Granger."

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yells making you shiver.

"Draco Malfoy."

"SLYTHERIN!" It yells again, not even having to be placed on top of his sleek blonde hair.

"Susan Bones"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Harry Potter"

The great hall fell silent as the boy who lived walked up to the stool with the hat placed on his head. The hat took its time then it screams Gryffindor. The red and gold table was happy as ever to have the famous boy in their house.

"Amy Roberts"

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Pansy Parkinson"

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Theo Nott"

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Ronald Weasley"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

The Professor was saying names after names, you were getting bored. You could have fallen asleep, but suddenly you heard your own name.

"Y/N Valentine"

And again the great hall went silent. All you could hear were whispers which made you want to puke from all the nerves and attention. For once in your lifetime you hated the attention given to you. Even the professors were whispering and staring intensely. You slowly walked up to the stool and sat calmly waiting for the hat to be placed on top of your head.

"Interesting, very interesting..." "Where shall we put you?" The hat spoke.

"You're brave while very intelligent, must be a Valentine thing. I haven't had to place one of the Merlin bloodlines in a long time"

"Merlin bloodline?" You asked confused as ever.

"Why yes, of course, you're a Valentine after all. I see you're loyal, but cunning and ambitious. I know just where to put you."

You were waiting for it to yell your house, you closed your eyes when it yelled.

"SLYTHERIN!"

You smiled, happy as ever. You then skip over to the Slytherin table to go sit with Draco and Theo, while you all wait for Blaise. When you get to the table and sit down Draco pulled you into a side hug while you smiled at the boy next to you.

"Congrats Y/N knew you could do it." He added.

"Well, of course, she did Draco, she's a Valentine after all"Blaise answered as he walks over.

"Took you long enough, Zabini," Theo says while he plays with his robe.

Once you all sat down, a man with long grey hair and a sparkling purple and gold robe stands up from a so-called throne, you could say. You guessed it was Professor Dumbledore from the letter you received. He started a speech about important information, rules and introducing new professors and himself to the new school year. You could already tell you were going to love this year and the school.

"Now, let the feast begin!" Professor Dumbledore announced and with a quick flick of his wand, food appeared on each of the four tables. It was mesmerising, you all stuffed your faces with the tasty food and drinks while having conversations and having a ball of a time. Theo was telling you all a joke which made you spit out your pumpkin juice, you almost choked on it.

"Oh my God Theo!" You laughed while cleaning your mess.

"Sorry Y/N, that I'm too funny for you to handle." He says with his famous smirk.

"Here let me help, Y/N." Draco says while wiping the mess.

You thanked him while you both clean up the mess that Theo caused. Once you had all eaten, you were escorted out of the great hall to your common room. Which was in the dungeons by the Slytherin prefect.

"Right you lot, the password is 'Pureblood' DO NOT forget it or tell anyone who isn't a Slytherin." The tall dark hair prefect mentions while he opens the doors. It was beautiful, the emerald curtains and wallpaper while a lovely warm fireplace on the side with some dark army green sofas. The ceiling was gorgeous, it had a massive silver chandelier that was hanging just in the centre.

"Curfew to be in the common room is 9 PM do not be late as we are going to win the house cup this year." The same prefect mentions while leading us more inside the common room.

"Boys are on the left, girls on the right you will know which is your dorm room and sleeping pals when you get there. Oh, and I suggest you first years have an early night as classes tomorrow start at 8:30 in the morning." The dark-haired boy mentions while going upstairs to his dorm.

You start walking to your dorm and as soon as you open it you see that Pansy and two other girls are your roommates for the rest of the year. Which you didn't mind as you became friends with Pansy and hopefully the other two girls will like you too.

"Hi Pansy, I'm going to go to sleep for classes tomorrow so I'll talk to you tomorrow at breakfast if that's okay?" You said while getting into your sleepwear.

"Yeah that's fine, I was going to do the same. Oh and these are the Greengrass sisters, our other roommates." She said while the two sisters greet you.

"Ah nice to meet you two, well I'm off to sleep. Night girls." You say yawning while getting into bed.

===========================

You woke up quite early in the morning so you could have a shower and look nice for your first day. You quickly had a shower and got dressed so you could do your hair nicely for the first day of school. You ran your fingers along with your Slytherin tie and emblem on your robe. You realised that you quite like silver and green, matching the theme of your Hogwarts house and room.

You started to leave your dorm quietly trying to not wake the girls up. Once you left you went down the spiralling staircase from the girl's dormitories. As you got to the end of the stairs your eyes widened, remembering where you are. A new home (Hogwarts).

"Draco, Valentine is awake." You hear coming from the sofas near the fireplace clearly coming from Blaise.

"Morning to you too Blaise." You say sarcastically rolling your eyes as you sit yourself down on the armchair next to Theo.

"Morning Y/N, you sleep well?" Draco asked leaning his arm on the side of the sofa.

"I slept lovely Draco, you?" You asked while staring into the fireplace.

He nodded his head agreeing. He then gets up quick as a flash.

"Come on, it's our first day let's go get breakfast then go to classes." He says, giddy as ever.

"We have so many memories to make."Theo added while getting up.

"Well, at least we are all together 'til the end of the line." You mentioned while you all walk down to the great hall, giggling as it's your first day for being at Hogwarts which will change all of your lives forever.

===========================

Hello :))

Hope you enjoyed the first 3 chapters. Make sure to vote if you liked the book. We'll try and update as much as we can.

Also, if possible then please give us some constructive criticism, it would be appreciated and we will try to make the story as interesting as possible.