25-New professor

You woke up feeling so much better in yourself than you have during summer. Probably because you was back 'home'. Hogwarts was always a home to you and always will be. You were thinking about becoming a Professor in defence against the dark arts, but you didn't want to think about the future yet. Not when certain things are at stake.

Once you get ready you finally headed down to the Slytherin common room to see Draco, Theo and Blaise waiting for you. You all quickly went for breakfast and went off for your first lesson. They were excited to see what the new Professor will bring. You've had a new Professor each year. - Professor Lupin was, of course, the best - You weren't too excited as you've already had first impressions of her from Harry and her speech.

You walked into defence against the dark arts, she wasn't here yet so you sat down on an empty desk and Draco sat next to you. You watched as someone made a flying dove out of some parchment paper and it flew around the classroom, hovering over people's desks and some kids were trying to punch it and hit it.

It eventually caught fire, you were confused for a second because it wasn't near a flame but then a squeaky voice came from the back of the classroom.

'Good morning, children.' She slowly walked towards the front of the classroom with her wand in front of her.

'Ordinary Wizarding Level examinations' she spoke as a piece of chalk wrote on the blackboard, the same motion as her wand.

'O-W-Ls. More commonly known as OWLs. Study hard and you will be rewarded, fail to do so and the consequences may be severe.' The high pitched woman spoke as she handed out some books.

'Your precious instructions in this subject has been disturbingly uneven. But you'll be please to know from now on you will be following a carefully structured ministry approved course of defence magic. Yes?' Professor Umbridge smiled to see you had your hand up.

'In this book, there's nothing about using defensive spells.' You acknowledged.

'Using spells? haha! I can't imagine why you would need to use spells in my classroom.' The short professor replied.

'So we're not going to be using magic?' Ron asked.

'You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way." Professor Umbridge admitted with a little chuckle.

'That's stupid isn't it Professor.' You piped up making the Professor shocked. But she ignored you of course.

'What use is that if we're going to be attacked it won't be risk-free.' Harry added.

'Students will raise their hands when they speak in my classroom.' Professor Umbridge fumed.

'It is the view of ministry that a theoretical knowledge would be sufficient to get you through your examinations. Which is after all that what school is.' The Professor continued.

'And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?' You asked making her blood boil more.

'There is nothing out there dear who do you imagine would want to attack children like yourself?' she replied to you with a question.

'Oh! I don't know maybe Lord Voldemort?' Harry bellowed. Everyone gasped and stared at him as he said you know whos name.

'Now let me make this quite plain. You have been told that a certain dark wizard is at large once again. This is a lie.' Professor Umbridge claimed.

'It is not a lie! I saw him! I fought him!' Harry roared angrily at the Professor.

"Detention Mister Potter!' Umbridge shouted.