Book IX: Aegis

Chapter LXXIII

"Silas wake up!" Serena pleaded with me from within my own mind.

"He's gone, and yet they still took her from me," I replied. "I want them gone."

She looked concerned. "Silas are you alright? You're not giving up again, are you?"

I shook my head. "No, but I'm about to end all of the problems that have been plaguing me."

She looked at me, staring through me, but she seemed confused.

"I can't read your thoughts anymore," she explained. "Silas, what's happening to you?"

"I'm waking up, just like you wanted me to."

She shook her head. "I don't know what's going on in your head, but if you're going to put anyone in danger, don't wake up."

"Are you... stopping me?" I questioned.

"I'm asking you to consider your own actions!" Serena explained, but she didn't speak again, as her thoughts were interrupted by a bright teal light.

I gave her a cold stare, waiting for her reaction.

"You're in your own mind! How can you summon a weapon here?!" she asked, panicked.

"The sword that pierces reality and dimensions...," I explained. "...is not bound by the rules of this world."

"Silas calm down!" Serena shouted nervously. "I don't know what's come over you but this isn't y-"

She couldn't finish talking before I plowed my sword through her chest.

"I'm very calm, are you?"

Her body fell to the ground, limp, and I woke up.

...................................

I was standing in a place I had never been, but my sword, the Monado, told me it was the World Tree.

I was surrounded by bodies, sword in my hand. Rafi, Gabriel, Azami, Sheba, Poppi, Kasandra, Sonata, KOS-MOS, T-Elos, and Malos.

Where had Acacia gone? With my Monado, I could move at speeds incomprehensible, that's how I had gotten here.

"My, my, I guess Waylon's champion had a dark side this whole time," a female's voice laughed from behind me.

"Galea, I didn't expect you," I greeted as I turned to greet her. Standing behind her was Mira, Pyra's new identity, but there was one blade missing. "Where's Mythra?"

"I set her free, with you accomplishing my goal for me, there was no need for me to keep her any longer."

"So why is she here?" I questioned, pointing to Mira.

Galea let out a giggle. "She's an entertaining little puppet that the fool Adonis broke for me, that's all."

She approached me casually and began walking around me, inspecting me as I stood deathly still.

"You're much wiser than that idiot Waylon, you see the evil in this world. When I recreate this world, you will be at its center with me! Any wish, any request, anything you could possibly want, will be yo-"

I ran my sword's blade into her throat as her words turned into painful, strained gasps as she choked on her own blood.

"I want nothing you can offer me, I will simply expunge the evil from this world myself. And after I have finished, I'll destroy the last remaining evil and rest in peace," I explained, staring at my blade as she collapsed to the ground in a pool of her own blood.