Book V: Uzuki

Chapter XXXVIII

We decided to hide our vessel and stay at the Alba Cavanich Inn, it wasn't anywhere we wanted to be, but we knew staying in that was a death trap, we'd leave the next day.

Poppi and Rafi has gotten much closer, just as Mythra had predicted. I wondered if it was her foresight or it really was just a hunch. To be fair, it was hard to comprehend even simply what she could do. She reportedly has the power to sink continents, but that's not anything I'd seen up to this point.

These thoughts plagued me as I tried to sleep. Eventually, I did drift, and before I knew it, I passed out.

...................................

Acacia had taken all her clothes off down to her underwear, she was too tired to go drink, so she decided against it. It was probably for the best anyways.

She took a good look at herself in the mirror. Her skin was very tan, and had only gotten darker with the sun's light. Her skin didn't burn in the sun, after all, she was Ardanian, and Ardanians didn't burn.

She had already taken a shower, one thing Mor Ardain was known for was its amazing hot springs, and even clean, she wasn't quite satisfied with how she looked. However, she had never really cared about how she looked. She only cared that she lived to fight another day. Speaking of fighting....

She had cleaned her gun earlier, but she needed to check her sword. After all, a sword did nothing if it was broken. She carefully inspected the long, slightly-curved blade she used as her main sword. This katana was a gift from Adonis, despite how deceitful he was, he had been like a father to her. She wondered why she'd betrayed him, but she knew why. She was lied to before in her life, and it only led to her pain. She didn't care what the reason was, Adonis was a liar, and she couldn't trust him, no matter how much she wanted to.

She carefully gripped the blade as she inspected it. No cracks, chips, warping, or damage. Perfect. Adonis may be a liar, but at least the weapons he ordered were top notch.

Acacia then wrapped her fingers around the handle, feeling the monster skin the handle, or tsuka, as was the official name of it, was wrapped in on her hands. She had designed the handle herself, and it had meant a lot to her.

In truth, she hadn't used it for a long while. Even when she had first fought Silas, she used her short sword. However Acacia thought it was time for her to begin using this blade, as fighting seemed to be escalating the longer she stayed with these people.

Acacia immediately grabbed her katana, and slashed behind her, and, just as she thought, it clashed against something else.

"Long time no see sis," the other blade wielded said.

"Hello, Lieutenant Uzuki," Acacia greeted in a monotone voice.

"Aww, didn't you miss your sister? Also call me by my first name, you're no longer affiliated with the BCC and this whole military jargon thing bores me," she teased.

We both fell silent as we heard steps fast approaching the room.

"Right on cue!" Violet giggled. "Oh, T-Elos! I got you a present!"

"What are you—?" Acacia started before KOS-MOS kicked in the door, transformed her arm into her R-Blade and rushed Violet.