Book II: Of Friends and Foes

Chapter XI

"KOS-MOS, what's the probability that Silas and Mythra will head through here?" I asked.

"From the information that I have gathered, Master Acacia, I detect a seventy six point eight three three percent probability that the targets will enter through here versus going to Tantal," she responded in her robotic, monotone voice.

KOS-MOS was interesting to me. Her hair was blue while her eyes were red. She wore a completely white... body suit? It all looked like amour, while her skin and features looked like a tall, slender female, if seemed she was covered in all kinds of metal plates and her face had a large metal helmet covering her forehead. You'd think some big, bulky piece of metal would make her look uglier or bulkier, but for some reason it suited her very well.

"How will we know they're here? This place is pretty packed," I pointed out.

"Indeed. The large crowd decreases the chance of identifying the target by seventy-five percent. However, because we know that the Argentum-Leftheria train is the only vessel that travels to and from Leftheria, we can simply wait for the train to depart, and then wait for it to come back. If the target is not on the vessel when it returns, we simply take the train back and engage the enemy there."

"Good plan, I'll leave it to you then, I'm going to get a drink," I responded, it had been a long day.

"I do not advise getting drunk at this time, there is a chance the target could spot you, and you would not be at full fighting capacity," KOS-MOS warned.

"I'm aware, I said 'a drink'. I won't go crazy."

"Affirmative."

As I walked to the bar, I couldn't help but laugh. "Whatever, Mom," I laughed to myself.

...................................

I would've taken a moment to describe the ship ride, but I didn't remember any of it as Mythra and I both passed out in a not-so-graceful manner for the entire seven-hour trip. The fight with Pyra had been a tough one, and we hadn't had a chance to really rest since then. Soon, one of the shipmates knocked on the door to our bunker and let us know we'd be docking in twenty minutes.

So we did what any person on a time-crunch did and slept another five minutes before lazily getting up and gathering are belongings. However, as we worked I couldn't get something off my mind.

"Mythra, do you remember your last driver's name?"

She looked at me, confused. "Didn't you ask me a similar question? Rex was."

"No, I'm referring to the one after him."

"There was one after him?" she questioned.

"I guess that journal hasn't helped much at all, huh?"

"I've read a good bit, but it's all this other blade's, not my own writing. However it does talk about the driver before Rex, Addam."

"Any memories?" I asked.

"A few, sole happy, some annoyed. But no real pictures to these feelings," she responded.

I was going to ask her more, but my brain quickly switched gears as I recalled something.

"That man! Gabriel!"

"What about him?"

"When Kasandra summoned her weapon, he wielded it himself," I pointed out.