Book III: Stolen Valor

Chapter XXV

"Acacia, previous records support that you would stop doing this," KOS-MOS told Acacia.

Acacia already couldn't properly hold a thought, as the liquor had already set in.

"Leave me alone! I'm not a child!"

"Mental scans support that you have the exact same logical reasoning of a child when you ingest a large amount of alcohol," KOS-MOS argued.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Acacia snapped.

"If you proceed with this demeanor I will restrain you once again."

"Don't bother," a voice said from a distance.

Acacia and KOS-MOS turned to see Mòrag standing in the doorway.

"You call yourself a soldier? The second in command of the entire BCC and here you are, drunk and acting like a child," Mòrag scolded.

Acacia approached Mòrag and looked her dead in the eyes. "You've gotta problem with me?"

"Honestly there's no point in even arguing with you at this point. How much did you have to drink?!"

"Enough to make me forget!"

Mòrag sighed, "I don't know what you're referring to, but you're a damned Aegis driver, why can't you act like it?!"

"I don't need you to tell me what to do!" Acacia yelled as she took a swing at Mòrag, hitting her directly in the cheek bone.

Mòrag barely even flinched and she chuckled a bit. "You have no idea who I am do you?"

Before Acacia could respond Mòrag made a quick chop to Acacia's neck. Acacia dropped to the ground, unconscious.

"I'll work on getting her to be a proper KOS-MOS, you have my sympathy," Mòrag stated.

"The archives I have access to support that Acacia is acting out of a constant state of mental distress, I apologize for her discourtesy."

"I see," Mòrag said as she thought to herself. "Nonetheless I expect both of you and Malos to be ready for training in five hours, understood?"

"Affirmative."

Mòrag nodded before leaving. Aegaeon followed her silently, KOS-MOS hadn't even noticed he was there. She sighed before grabbing Acacia and taking her back to the living quarters.

As Mòrag went back to her own quarters, she passed by Poppi, and stopped to talk.

"Poppi, you haven't been yourself lately, is something wrong?" Mòrag asked.

"What happened to Masterpon?" Poppi asked, in reference to the nopon that had built her.

"I'm afraid he passed," Mòrag informed. "He did some amazing things though. When he couldn't rebuild you, he decided to move on and help others, like you'd have wanted him to."

"Really?"

"Mhm, he even taught other drivers how to be drivers. You should've seen the look on their faces, a nopon who wasn't even a driver that could best them all. Especially with Coppi by his side."

Poppi blinked in confusion as she looked up at Mòrag. "Who Coppi?"

Mòrag had forgotten Poppi wasn't around to know. "Do you remember Poppi Buster?"

"Affirmative! Poppi Buster was very large robot built by Tora's Grampypon Soosoo! He was controlled by a robot that look similar to Poppi, and Poppi controlled that robot!"