Book VI: Prince and Assassin

Chapter XLVIII

     "There are only a few days left until the funeral," the commander explained to the Helios Trinity, the BAP's top blade team. "I need you three to be there."

     "Dromarch, is there any specific reason you want us to be there? What are we looking for?" Agate questioned.

     "I'm not sure myself," Dromarch replied. "Odds are General Adonis himself will be there to sway the people his way, however I'm also certain all three Aegises will be there as well. It's your job to keep anything detrimental to our mission from happening."

     "And what of the prince?" Percival asked.

     "I want you to talk with him if you believe he will do anything rash," Dromarch explained.

     "Very well," Corvin acknowledged. "Helios Trinity, move. We have our mission."

     They left with haste to Tantal, leaving Dromarch to think to himself. However he was soon interrupted with a large crashing noice outside. He quickly went to check on what was causing the commotion.

     He left the building to see three blades on the ground. The members of the Merry Band of Misfits, Floren, Nim, and Electra.

     "What are you three doing?" Dromarch interrogated.

     They stood up extremely quickly and Floren addressed him.

     "W-Well y-you see we... really wanted to... ask if we could...," Floren said, choking on his anxiety.

     "WE REALLY WANNA GO ON A REAL MISSION!" Electra shouted.

     All three then stood still, looking at him as a children looks at his parents after asking to go over to a friend's house.

     Dromarch sighed. "I have thought long and hard and believe you three might have luck with one mission."

     Floren immediately whined. "That's so unfair! Everyone else gets to go missions why can't— Wait did you say yes?"

     Dromarch nodded. "I would like you three to conduct reconnaissance on Juliani in Argentum. Do you think you can handle it?"

     Floren recomposed himself. "Yes sir! We will get all the information we can!"

     Nim spoke up behind him. "Is there any specific information you're looking for?"

     "None in particular, just please be careful and come back in one month's time," Dromarch explained. "Any other questions?"

     "Not that I can think of," Floren said.

     "Good, you leave at 18:00, please prepare," Dromarch commanded before leaving.

     Soon all three of them were busily packing away, excited about their new mission.

     "I can't believe we get to go on a mission!" Electra squealed with delight as she picked up her bag and began walking off.

     "Don't forget the map!" Floren pointed out.

     Electra realized she had almost made the same mistake again before quickly grabbing the map and tucking it away in her bag.

     "We have to be extra careful," Floren warned. "It's time to prove that the Merry Band of Misfits can do their job! We just to need to gather any information we can find on Juliani and her staff. We don't need to do anything extra!"

     Electra and Nim nodded solemnly.

     "Then let's go!" Floren exclaimed as they both left and got onto the vehicle towards Argentum.

...................................

     "Why are you sending them?" Aegaeon asked Dromarch as they watched their ship leave off.

     "Those three have the strongest bonds of any blades we have in our arsenal, I suppose I just really want to see them succeed," Dromarch explained.

     "Well, if you put your trust in them then I see no reason to doubt you."

     Dromarch nodded. "Now let us pray that their mission is a complete success."

Readability Level: 11-12th Grade
Time Taken: 1 Hour