Book IX: Aegis

Chapter LXV

Once everyone got back, I opened the letter and read it aloud.

"You will meet me in the Land of Morytha in two days, if you do not, the BAP will no longer exist as you will no longer be able to stop me. This is your final stand, be prepared."

"What is Land of Morytha?" Rafi questioned.

"It's the remains of the old world," Mythra explained. "Many millennia ago, a world far more technically advanced than this one used to exist. Father and Waylon are both from that time period, however Father's actions are what caused that world to cease to exist, and he used the same power we Aegis' possess to recreate the world anew."

"I know if this too," Acacia added. "We had been trying to find a way to get there for years. Has he finally cracked the code?"

"Father didn't want us to go to the World Tree anymore, so he created this continent away from the World Tree," Mythra continued. "He made it so that the titans could all pass through to this Alrest and merge with the continent. However, only an Aegis and one specific titan can pass back through it. If you tried to go to the World Tree on your own, you'd never reach it, you'd sail endlessly to a place that only seems farther away until you either sailed around the entire planet or capsized."

"Can Pyra really get him to Morytha?" Gabriel questioned.

Mythra shook her head. "He's messed with her memory so badly that I don't know if she's capable of doing so. However, we can't rule out that possibility."

"Well it looks like we don't have a choice," I stated. "If we meet him out there, odds are he's going to want to fight us himself. If we wait until he arrives here, odds are he won't come without a formidable army."

"And Violet may show up as well," Canaan added. "And that's not an ideal situation, she's probably crazier than he is."

"No doubt about that," Acacia agreed before turning to me. "But can you control that power?"

I nodded. "We have Mythra and Malos too, we should be able to hold our own."

"And you did some serious damage, I'm willing to bet he's not even fully recovered," Mythra concluded.

And so we left, we thanked Aegaeon and wished him luck on leading the BAP before going. We took off toward the World Tree, and as we came closer, I noticed the ocean below us disappear and instead old, broken down buildings littered the ground below us.

We looked out over the ground, it looked like an endless city, far bigger than New Torna and possibly some of the nations of Alrest! However it was depressing to look out, I'd heard of ghost towns and how ominous those feel, but seeing a city like this completely devoid of life, it was... unnerving to say the least.

"How we know where Adonis gonna be?" Rafi inquired.

"I know where they are," Mythra said simply. "I can feel Pyra, we're close."

...................................

"Master, they're close," Pyra informed Adonis.

"I know, you will give me everything you can muster today," Adonis ordered. "If you fail, there will be dire consequences, is that understood?"

"Transparent."

"Then let the fun begin."

Readability Level: 11-12th Grade
Time Taken: 1 Hour