Book VII: A Master and his Doll

Chapter L

"Sir, we've begun the data injection into the blade you brought us," a shorter man in a lab coat said.

"Good," Adonis replied. "Is the titan near?"

"Yes sir, it approaches now, unaware that we're here."

Adonis smiled. "This titan has hid away from me for four hundred years now. Last time we met, I stole what I needed from him, but now.... He's the only one who can take me to the World Tree."

"Sir, what if the titan doesn't comply?" the man asked.

Adonis smiled. "If he doesn't I will kill him, it's that simple. Mythra can take us there if need be, but I'd rather have more than one option."

Adonis looked up and smiled again, as he saw a large creature resembling a dragon fly overhead.

"FIRE!" he shouted as a large blast of ether energy hit the titan directly.

It roared as it began trying to fly away.

Adonis jumped into the air, hitting a large tree. He bent it down to the ground, and the tree flicked Adonis into the air towards the titan.

He pulled his sword as it began glowing teal and he slammed it into the titan's flesh.

"Come on Azurda, fight a little harder! Or are you too old?" Adonis laughed.

...................................

"He still isn't awake yet?" Gabriel asked Acacia.

Acacia nodded her head. "The ether damage he sustained was more than he should've been able to take. I don't even know how he's breathing right now."

"He's been out off eight days now," Canaan acknowledged.

"Oh my poor driver!" Azami exclaimed. "He's too cute to die!"

"Calm yourself, Azami," Sheba said. "It won't do for us to worry about him."

"Poppi worried...," Poppi added.

"Poppi not need to worry!" Rafi comforted. "Silas strong! Silas surely get up soon!"

"Mythra taken too...," Poppi said.

"Who?" Finch asked. She had already forgotten who Mythra was.

"Don't rack your brain over it Finch," Canaan calmed.

"Acacia, my sensor indicate a large amount of stress in your system, sleeping is the most effective course of action to counterbalance this," KOS-MOS interrupted.

"I'm fine, KOS-MOS," Acacia argued.

Kasandra, who had been sitting silently, sat up and began walking towards the room I was staying in.

"You alright Kasandra?" Gabe asked.

She sighed. "I'm fine. I'll give Acacia a break and go be his good luck charm for a bit...."

Acacia seemed annoyed. "No... really, I'm fine. I'll just—"

Kasandra cut her off. "Your blade knows you as well as you know yourself, go rest."

Acacia sighed. She looked relieved, but hid it well. "Thanks, I'll go take a rest."

Kasandra didn't look anyone in the eye as she walked into the room, she then shut the door behind her.

"You're going to rest to," Sonata said as she walked out into the middle of the room, grabbed Gabriel, and dragged him off. He didn't argue.

Canaan picked up Finch. "How about we go get some rest too?"