Book I: The Nation of Alrest

Chapter IV

     I woke up and looked around. Had I been sleeping? I didn't remember going to sleep....

     I got off the... ground? As I looked around I realized that I was in an empty void of pure white. I couldn't see anything, I casted no shadow, there seemed to be no light source, and yet everything was just white. Where was I?

     I spun around to see someone in the distance. A girl. She was wearing a white dress, but the dress itself cut off at the top of her thighs. Her skin was pale white, and her hair was a golden blonde. Her hair also was very long, going down to the middle of her back.

     "Hello?" I called as I approached her. "Do... you know where we are?"

     "You are... inside of me," she answered.

     "Inside of you? Look lady, if this is some kind of joke—" I began, but she cut me off.

     She spun around and looked me in the eyes, her eyes were just as golden as her hair was.

     "No. My jokes usually involve people getting kicked or something. This is no joke. I can't remember who I was and I need your help finding that out."

     "You've... lost your memory?"

     "Not entirely. I know how I've felt ever since I was first resonated, but I don't have faces or names with those feelings," she explained.

     "Resonated?" I pondered, but then stopped myself. "Look, I can't help you unless I can help myself. I need a way out of here and then out of Elpys. Can you help me do that?"

     She sighed and looked me fiercely in the eye. "I can, but only if you help me discover who I am... who I was in exchange."

     "I can try, but I make no promise."

     "That will do, now please, place your hand on my chest," she requested.

     "I- uh... what?" I said, unintentionally staring at her chest, which was of impressive size to note.

     "Ugh, don't be staring you pervert! Just touch my core crystal for Pete's sake!" she yelled.

     I jumped back. "Ah! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! Honest!"

     She glared at me before sighing. "Fine, whatever."

     "Don't you at least want to exchange names first?"

     She groaned. "You're Silas, I'm Mythra. Good?" she said abruptly.

     "What's your problem? And how do you—?"

     She cut me off. "I found out your name and all of your memories when you touched my core crystal. Sorry if I come off a bit brash, but I really don't want to drag this out any longer than I have to. So can we please go?"

     I had no idea what I was about to get myself into and I didn't understand who or what she really was, but yet I was intrigued.

     I approached her and carefully tapped her core crystal, which was on her chest directly centered above her breasts, with my index finger.

     As I did it let out a bright green aura and immediately I woke up, back in Spirit Crucible Elpys.

...................................

     I got off the ground and checked my surroundings. The three shadowy figures were still staring me down, but not attacking, as if... waiting for me to do something.