Book V: Uzuki

Chapter XL

     "What the hell was that?!" Acacia said, yelling at Malos as they entered the ship. It was still late out but the events that had just transpired were weighing heavily on our minds.

     "That's an interesting way to say thank you," Malos answered.

     "Malos, you killed all of those people for no reason!"

     "No reason? Need I remind you they were trying to kill us?" Malos shrugged off.

     "Those were people just doing their jobs! Have you forgotten that the entire world is anxious at the very thought of a common blade?! What do you think the reaction is going to be when they find out a single blade wiped out an army of a hundred soldiers!" Acacia shouted.

     "So you're saying I should have let you die, is that it?"

     Acacia sighed. "No! But you have power, you can't just go do whatever you want!"

     "Oh I'm sorry, should I credit you for the idea?!" Malos shot back.

     "What are you talking about?!" Acacia snapped.

     "Nothing if you don't count your lack of communication, failure to act like a leader, and getting drunk in a ditch every chance you can get. That sum it up for ya?" Malos listed.

     Acacia stopped before turning to KOS-MOS. "Can you help me out here?"

     KOS-MOS shook her head. "Negative, no data suggests that he's acting outside the will of you as his driver."

     "Well I'll be in my room if you need me. Let me know when we actually have a plan," Malos said before leaving.

     "Damnit, Malos wai—"

     "Leave it Acacia," Gabriel said, cutting her off. "What's up with you and the Lieutenant?"

     "Yeah, she seemed much more pissed off than the last time we fought her," I added.

     "Judging by what she showed me, she's dying," Acacia admitted. "Lieutenant Violet Uzuki... she's my sister."

     "Violet Acacia's sisterpon?" Rafi clarified.

     "That not seem very likely," Poppi added.

     Acacia nodded, "Yes, we split up a number of years ago, but apparently I failed to leave her in a good place like I intended to."

     "I want the whole story," I pried.

     "What do you mean, Silas?" Acacia asked.

     "Tell us everything, she said things I don't understand, about you holding back. When we fought, I had thought you were holding back, but I wasn't sure at the time," I pressed.

     Acacia stood there, not saying anything. Obviously questioning whether she'd really go through with this.

     "We need to start trusting each other!" Kasandra said, cutting the silence. "I think you should share!"

     "Fine!" Acacia agreed on begrudgingly. "Sit down, shut up, and I'm going through it quickly, so keep up."

     We all sat down quietly in the sitting room as the vessel began on a course to Leftheria.

     "As you know, I am from Mor Ardain, more specifically, the city we just visited, Alba Cavanich" Acacia started. "Our parents weren't the greatest of role-models...."

...................................

     "PUT THE MONEY IN THE BAG AND SHUT THE FUCK UP ACACIA," the man yelled at the little girl, who grabbed it nervously.

     "Y-Yes Dad," she said before putting money in the bag.

     This was the time period when Alba Cavanich began its spiral into what it is today, and armed robbery was becoming a new norm. However, not all of them decided to bring two young girls like it was some sort of "family activity".

     "Here Vi, take this money and take it to the guard," Acacia said to her four-year-old sister.

      After stealing three thousand G and making an escape, they met at home.

     "You brats go clean up, I'm going to the bedroom to talk to your mom," he said before going to the room they were forbidden to enter.

     "But I wanna see Mom! Didn't we do a good job?" Acacia pleaded.

     "Yeah! I miss Mommy!" Violet added.

     "I said when you make me a million G you can talk to her again, but she doesn't have time for you so BEAT IT!" he yelled before slamming the door.

     Acacia and Violet quietly snuck back into their room, a closet with one twin-sized bed and covered in bugs and whatever food they could scavenge.

     "Why won't he let us see her?!" Violet asked, starting to cry.

     Acacia wrapped her sister in a tender hug. "Don't cry Vi, you don't even remember her or what she looks like," she giggled out. Laughing to hide the pain.

     "I know...," she sniffed. "But when you talk about her... I can't help but want to meet her! She seems like such a nice person and I don't like seeing you hurt!"

     Acacia sighed and stroked her sister's hair. "It's ok Violet, really it is. He said Mommy was sick, so I'm sure she really wants to, but she can't!"

     "I'm so scared...," Violet said. "What if we never see her again?! What if he hurts you again and I can't see you?!"

     "I'll be right next to you Vi," Acacia smiled as she cradled her little sister. "Always."

Readability Level: 11-12th Grade
Time Taken: 2 Hours

This will be my last chapter until October. I am shipping out to boot camp in the Air Force on Tuesday and I don't have time to write anymore. I promise I will return and finish this, but it's going to be awhile before I can. Thank you guys so much for your support and I can't wait to continue and finish this story.