Book VIII Finale

Chapter LXIII

     Our ship came to land in a very interesting area, and we all exited the ship. As we looked around, we were met with dead trees and grass, it looked like it had all been burned, but not recently.

    "Take heed in this warning," Dromarch said to me. "Five hundred years ago, Waylon lost control of Mythra and she lost control of herself. This is what she managed to destroy before he could snap her out of it."

     "You've gotta be careful with your ability," Granny added. "Or else you'll be the next driver to witness a continent's destruction, and probably the last."

     It was a grim reminder, but we kept going anyway, I didn't want to let Adonis have her any longer.

     We soon made it to the remains of Indol, and as Granny had said, it was destroyed. However, after digging around in the rubble for a few minutes we found traces of where Adonis had entered and exited.

     "There is a high probability we will not survive," KOS-MOS stated, as literal ever. "Approximately ninety-six point-"

     "Thank you KOS-MOS," Acacia interrupted. She took a long sigh. "The point is she's right. If anyone wants to back out now, leave."

     "Rafi not going anywhere!" Rafi cheered.

     "Poppi stay with Rafi!" Poppi added in.

     Gabriel chuckled. "Wussing out of a fight's just not my style!"

     "And I stay with Gabe!" Kasandra giggled.

     "I'll supply battle music!" Sonata chimed.

     "Finch and I are ready," Canaan assured us. "Nia's healing ability is amazing."

     "I'm not about to let him think he's stronger than an Aegis," Malos nodded.

     "We shall accompany you!" Sheba said simply.

     "What about you, my darling driver?" Azami questioned me. "Are you sure you're committed?"

     I sighed, knowing what she was referring to. I then nodded, "I'm sure, if I die here, then I die taking my last stand."

     "Then we offer our assistance as well," Dromarch stated with a bow.

     "Granny?! Are you sure?" I asked. I didn't want her to get hurt.

     "No matter how bad he hurts you, I will heal you," she explained. "And the furball and I are quite the pair!"

     "Well... if you're sure...," I noted. "Then let's go, I find it hard to believe he's not waiting for us."

     We walked in and funneled our way down a very narrow hallway into an empty laboratory. It seemed that whatever experiments were held here ended a long time ago. We continued down even further, and eventually we were let out into a massive open area.

     The area was large and a very light, metallic grey. There were narrow windows at the very top to let light in, but the entire room was extremely reinforced and there were large columns holding the place up. The columns seemed very old-fashioned, but were an insanely strong metal, and at least four peds in diameter, or around twelve feet. I knew that this room had to be some sort of testing room, maybe to test Pyra's power without destroying too much.

     "I was beginning to think you'd actually given up, but that little display with Juliani was quite incredible," a very familiar voice said.

     "Can't keep an Aegis' driver down forever," I quipped, trying to see where he was.