14. Car accident

I was basically sleep walking when I made it back to the prison.
"Thea!" Daryl shouts waking me up.
"Where have you been?! You were supposed to be back before dark!" He shouts walking up to me.
"I was hunting and I went too far" I say looking at the ground.
"Glenn!" He shouts and I watch as he runs up behind Daryl.
"Can you take this?" Daryl asks passing him the deer.
"Sure?" He says awkwardly putting the deer on his back.
"I'm carrying this" he says pointing at me as my knees feel weak.
"Alright" Glenn grumbles carrying himself away.

"Jump on" Daryl says turning his back to me and crouching down.
"Are you sure?" I ask looking in his eyes.
"Serious. Jump on" he says and I hop onto his back wrapping my arms around his neck.
"Don't fall" he says seriously before walking towards the prison.
"Night" I whisper as sleep sets in.

I wake up to heat. I don't have a blanket I mentally note as I turn to the source behind me.
"Daryl?" I ask as I look at his sleeping features.
"Go ta sleep" he grumbles rubbing his head into my hair.
I feel myself untense under his arm around my waist and quietly go back to sleep.

"Hey thea! Come on wake up" I hear carols voice.
"Morning" I mumble and look around to see I'm still in Daryl's room but he's gone.
"They went to meet the governor" carol explained to my confused face.
"What?"
"Andreas alive. She came here yesterday and told us of a place and time... rick Daryl and hershel have gone to see if we can make a deal" she explains as I take in the new info.
"That's one way to wake up" I say rubbing my head.
"Anyway I woke you up for lunch" she says jumping up and giving me a hand up.

"Can't believe it's lunch time" I mumble shoving the spoon into my mouth.
"Hey where's merle?" Glenn asks before storming off.
I follow him and soon find merle packing a bag of guns.
"Hey, your not going" Glenn says closing the gate behind me.
"I don't need your permission"
"I can't let you go"
"You can't stop me" Merle says still packing.

"You're gonna live here with us, it's gonna be on our terms, if michonne can do it why can't you?" Maggie steps in.
"Cuz it's my brother out their. That's why. What's the matter with you all" he shouts walking up to Glenn.
"I'm not gonna let you put them all in danger" I hear Glenn whisper.
"Nut up already boy" is all I hear till merle moves closer and says something that triggers Glenn.
"No" Glenn's says sternly before merle shoves him and Glenn ruby tackles him down the stairs.

I watch silently as merle holds Glenn down and michonne and Maggie jump in.
I glance up to see beth grab a gun and shoot the roof stopping everyone in their tracks.
"Let me go!" Merle demands letting go off Glenn.
Slowly michonne and Maggie back off and I watch Glenn sort himself out as Merle walks past me, shoving my shoulder on the way out.
"Why didn't you move?" Maggie asks me.
"You had it covered" I say simply walking over and helping Glenn up.
"I'm gonna go on a run. I'll be back in an hour" I tell them as I walk out.

"As good of place as any" I mumble to myself looking over the rotten gas station.
Ting! Echos though the building as I try to draw out any walkers.
After a couple seconds I move in clearing out rooms as I go.
In the end I manage to find a couple cans, a shotgun and a couple bullets.
Shortly after I stick them in the car, groans fill my ears.

I turn and see over a dozen walkers travelling towards me.
"Shit" I mumble throwing my bow on my back and jumping under the car I brought.
In a minute the groans surround me. Slowly clearing the area of anything living.
I watch as they walk past and suddenly notice the pressure growing on my back. I glance around and see a Alan key sticking out my tire as it slowly deflated onto me.
By the time I noticed it was too late. I was stuck.

Fear kicks in as I look out and realise the walkers have gone. Slowly and painfully I move a couple inches till I could reach the end of a broken down sign and use it as a way out.
I glance around to check for walkers before crouching down and felling for broken ribs.
Not broken I mentally sigh in relief.
I glance over the car and feel a headache come on from the idea of having to find a new car.
Grabbing my bags I begin my march to the nearest car park.