16. Sickness

"Do you think these will be useful?" I ask picking up kitchen knives in packs.
"Forget I asked" i say throwing 3 packs of them in my bag.

"You alright?" Daryl asks with his accent still thick.
"Yeah why'd you ask?"
"You just seem a bit down since we came in"
"Nah I'm fine just thinking" I say picking up a comic for Carl.
"What about?" Daryl asks standing infront of me to stop me from moving.
"What I'd be doing now if the apocalypse didn't happen" I say looking down.
"And what da ya see?" He asks taking my hands.

"Well I'm lonely, still got my sister but she's crying. Probably in the closet or out make money for my dad... where would you be?" I ask him looking up to his eyes.
"Following my drunk ass brother around like some lost puppy" he says easily and I nod.
"Well I guess we were both better off. Now we have a place, friends and each other"
"Couldn't have said dat better-" he's cut of by a massive bang and shattering glass.
"For gods sake" I whisper running over with Daryl by my side.

"Hey you alright?" I ask as Daryl starts moving the shelf.
"Yeah fine, not cut but my legs stuck" bob says before another bang rings out and I see a walker dangling from the roof.
"Their on the roof!" Glenn shouts killing other that fall though.

"Thea kill them!" Michonne demands and I shot one though the roof.
"Alright let's move!" Daryl demands grabbing my arm as I realise bobs out.
As we begin to move another scream comes from zach.
"Oh no" I whisper as Daryl continues to pull me out of the collapsing building  with the group.
"Hey ya alright?" Daryl asks me scanning my body.
"Yeah let's just go home" I say getting in his bike and watch him jump on.

After the ride back I decided to help carol make dinner and hang out with lucky in the field til nightfall.
"Come on girl, let's go in before it gets cold" I say standing up form my cozy patch of grass and making my way up to the cell block.
As I enter I notice Daryl talking to beth. I assume he's telling her about zach before she hugs him and he hugs back.

I feel a wave of jealousy blow over me till I remembered who these people are and that they would never do that.
I make my way up to my room and notice Daryl look at me in the corner of my eye.
When I get to the top of the stairs I whistle lucky up after she decided to stare out the door.
"Night" I wave down to Daryl and Beth before jumping into bed.

"Ya alright?" He asks shuffling into the side of me.
"Yeah" I sigh turning around to hold him.
"But I can tell your not so please speak your mind" i beg after glancing the look on his face.
"She didn't even cry for him. I don't know maybe she's grieving differently now" he says stroking my hair.
"Maybe she's just done with all the bullshit" I say wrapping my arm around his waist as he does the same and I fall asleep Carmly.

I wake up early and decide to go and clear the fence before the 'fence team' as rick calls it, wakes up.
I wave to rick and Carl in the pig cage as they finally make it down for their morning shifts.
I use a crow bar jabbing then though the fence carful not to spray blood all over myself again.

I stand still as gun shots are fired in the prison. Instantly I drop my work and begin running as rick shouts at Carl to stay down by the fence. I didn't take long to catch up with him and then some of the group as we made it to cell block D.
It's over run with walkers. I grab a little girl and hid her behind me as a walker tries to scratch her.

I stab him and lock her in a room for safety while I help the others finish the rest.
"No bites must be some sort of a virus" rick explains to me as he walks out the room with a dead body and the group.
"Just what we need" I whisper rubbing my face.

"Thea. You go on fence duty, stay near the left side though don't need to risk anyone else getting sick" rick explains before calling a meeting.

I spend the rest of the day poking walkers though the fence till I'm finally done and head up top for dinner.
"Hey carol" I say grabbing a bowl.
"Hey thea... is something wrong?" She asks after a second of watching me scan the crowd.
"No do you know where Daryl is?" I ask putting my bowl down.