10. Death

It's been about a month since we moved here. Nothing really changed except i got back into hunting and we cleaned out a couple more places.
I'm just helping hershel to stand on his crutches for the first time.
"Hey Thea can you come help us find Glenn?" Rick asks and I quickly say my goodbye before running behind him.
"Maggie is gone too" carols says.
"They were in the guard tower last night... GLENN" Daryl starts.

"Hey what's up guys?" He says doing up his trouser. I hold back a laugh.
"You coming?" Daryl asks making me awkwardly move to a try to not laugh.
"What?"
"I said you coming. We could use a hand!" He shouts.
"Yeah we'll be right down" he shouts.
"I'm gonna go back to hershel" I say trying not to burst into laughter.
"Alright tell him I said hi" rick says walking after Daryl and the others. Before I sprint up to the prison.

We walk along with hershel laughing at a joke I just made.
"WALKERS!" Carl shouts snapping my attention.
"SHIT EVERYONE MOVE IN NOW" I shout making hershel and Beth rush more.
"Beth, Maggie take the keys lock yourself and hershel somewhere safe" I say chucking the keys.
"Carl and Lori with me" I shout moving into the building watching carol and tdog run off with no orders.

"Shit" I say as we enter the building.
"What?" Lori starts worrying.
"I don't know where carol and tdog went" I say pushing into the building.
"And this is one of the only places we haven't cleared yet" I add making sure my knives are ready.
"Let's go this way" Carl says pointing and we follow him.

"SHIT GO BACK" I say jumping back from the walkers hands.
"In here!" Lori calls opening a door to a boiler room as an alarm starts blaring out the speakers.

"Okay we're safe" I say looking out the door.
"Thea we have a problem" Lori mumbles making me shoot around to them. I look at the floor.
"My water broke" she continues.

"Okay lay down here Ill put this under you for support" I say placing Carl's jacket under her and then mine ontop of her legs.
"I don't know much about childbirth but I know theirs not suppose to be this much blood" I say panicking.
"Mom Mom look at me keep your eyes open" Carl repeats.
"Carl baby I don't want you to be scared okay? This is what I want. You take care of your daddy alright and your little brother or sister... your gonna be fine. You two are gonna beat this world I know it" she says out of breath.
"Your strong and so brave and I love you" she continues as tear roll down my face.
"I love you too" Carl says back as he begins to cry.

"My sweet boy, the best thing I ever did" she says wiping his tears before pulling his in for a hug.
Tears stream down my face.
"Thea I need you to renew your promise just for me. You are strong and I see you as a daughter I never had. You need to protect my baby's. please" she says whispering.
"I promise" I croak through my tears.
"Alright alright it's alright" she reassures herself as Carl hands me his clean blade.
"I'm sorry" I whisper cutting her c section line. Her screams fill me ears making my eyes overflow with tears.

"I can't stop now" I whisper to myself as I reach in to find the baby and after a couple second the screaming stops and I feel the baby.
"I've got it" I say pulling it out gentility.
Holding it close I top it chest trying to get it to breath.
"Why isn't she crying?" Carl asks shaking.
"Nonono" I repeat tipping her on her back and tapping genital as I hear her cry.
I sigh in relief effort wrapping her in my jacket.
"Sweet baby girl" I say rocking her as tears come again.

"Your mom though she was a girl" I say to Carl.
"There" I whisper cutting her cord so she was fully in my grasp.
I stand up holding her head to my chest.
"Wait we can't just leave her here she'll turn" Carl says jumping up.
"But I-"
"Ill do it she's my mom" he says grabbing his gun.
Quietly he moves over to his moms side and I watch as the bullet finishes her.
"Come away now" I whisper pulling his hat.
Slowly we walk out the door.

I cradle the baby as Carl opens the gate to the group.
Rick looks broken as He looks for Lori. Tears continue to travel down my face like a waterfall as he stands infront of me.
"No rick please don't!" I chock out as he moves to the area Lori died. Instantly he stops and breaks into tears.
Maggie runs over and takes the baby from me as my knees grow weak at the grief.
"Hey, HEY!Look at me" Daryl screams as I collapse to my knees and stare at the ground.
When I don't look up i feel arms wrap around me drawing me closer to the figure.

"Shhhhh it's alright" Daryl continues as he rocks me.
"I-I" I start through the tears.
"You don't need to speak" he whispers as Ricks cry's echo through the building.
"Let's get you inside" he says picking me up and carrying me inside.

It's been a couple hours now. People tried to talk to me and failed.
Daryl went out to get baby powder and is yet to return.
Carefully I snuck downstairs and looked in the baby basket.
"Your beautiful" I say as I feel her hand.

"You feelin any better?" Maggie asks walking in. I nod and look back to the baby.
"I know it's difficult but the group thinks you should talk to rick. He'll listen to you" she says patting my back.
"Sure I'll go find him after the baby's eaten" I say glancing to Maggie.
"Take your time" she says walking out.

"I've got food" Daryl announces walking in. I gently hand him the baby as hershel threw the bottle together and passed it to Daryl.
"Here" I say passing her to him and what a confused look pass his face.
"Like this" I say moving the bottle into the baby's mouth.
"Thanks" he mumbles gently rocking her.

"We got a name?" He asks looking up.
"No rick hasn't been back yet" hershel answers.
"I'm gonna go find him in a minute" I say clicking my knife belt on.
"How about little asskicker" he says.
"You like that?" He addresses her.
"Your good with children" I say and he nods.
"So are you Thea... you two would be the perfect parents" Glenn says smiling.

"It's impossible" I say looking down.
"Oh how come?"beth steps in.
"Cause I can't have children" I say sadly.
"Shit sorry Thea" Glenn says instantly.
"Yeah. Who knows maybe I can adopt" I say smiling.
"Theirs that positivity we love" Maggie says clasping my shoulders.
"Well I better go find rick" I say nodding.
"Good luck with the nappy's" I taunt daryl before walking off.

"RICK!" I shout as I see him walking down a hall.
"Hey ri-" I say as I'm cut off by him putting a blade to my throat.
"Thea?" He says after a couple seconds.
"Hey, how you doing?" I ask
"What kind of questions that!" He nearly shouts.

"A nervous one? If you haven't notice theirs a blade at my throat and fear makes me weird" I say quickly as he lowers his knife.
"Sorry" he mumbles.
"It's alright. I understand"
"How can you be so happy?"
"Cause everyone in the group has lost someone they need a bit of joy before this group becomes constant therapy" I say walking next to him.

"Did they send you after me?"
"Yeah but only because their worried and they needed a reason to drag me out of bed"
"How's the baby?"
"It's a girl and she's doing fine. I taught Daryl how to feed her. But she still need a name" I say stopping and watch him copy me.
"Haven't even though of that" he says wiping blood of his face.
"Yeah don't worry theirs no rush" I say smiling.
"What you gonna do now?" He asks wiping blood of his blade.
"Probably go cry find a spot to be alone. Talk to carol. She normally has a good view on things" I say nodding to myself.

"You don't know?...when we were looking for you and lory we found tdog dead and carols head wrap" he says quietly.
"Oh I'll probably just find a place to be alone then" I say as tears grew.
"Go to Daryl. I know you need some time but Daryl won't rest is you disappear again. Go back to the cell block" he begs and I nod.
"Bye" I say quietly walking towards the group before changing direction.
Carol can't be dead too
Not with Lori please
Tdogs gone
Who's next?
I just lost my mother figures and my friend.
I'm not going back to the group. Not now.