48: Silence

I smile as Carol calls me over.
Henry has already gone to bed and Carol is sitting next to Ezekiel. When she noticed I was alone she signalled me to come sit and I complied.

"Hey" I say.
"Hi" they reply.
"How come you two are so happy?" I ask with a smile.
"She finally excepted my proposal" Ezekiel says smiling as Carol elbows him.
"I thought we weren't gonna tell anyone yet" she comments.

"I'm sorry. It's just- she- she's Thea. You know?" He stutters.
"Don't worry. If he hadn't of said I would have sniffed it out" I joke and she smiles.
"Fair enough, just don't tell anyone yet" she says and I nod.

"So what's got you giddy?" The king asks and I smirk.
"It's a secret" I whisper.
"We told you ours" Carol bargains.
"Touché" I whisper pulling my hand up.
"Oh my god! Thea!" Carol shouts before running over to hug me.

"I wondered when that boy would grow the balls to ask" she says pulling away.
"She is right. Daryl asked me for a hand about a month ago" the king agrees.
"To be honest I never expected this" I admit.
"Never underestimate the power of love, dear child" Ezekiel says and I laugh.
"I should get to bed. Goodnight and don't tell anyone okay?" I ask and they nod.
I go back to my tent before putting out my fire and going to my bed.

I lay down for a few seconds before a familiar voice fills my ears. I jump up as the walkie speaks:
"Thea?" He asks.
"Hey babe" I say groggy.
"Hey. I won't make it back tonight" he says and I nod to myself.

"I know. Don't worry I haven't burnt the tent down yet" I joke shuffling back into my blanket.
"You going to bed?" He asks.
"Yeah" I half yawn out.
"Alright. Goodnight"
"Goodnight. Love you" I whisper into the talkie.
After that it goes silent and I start to fall asleep as a last 'love you' fills my ears.

A few days later Rick sent the saviours packing and Daryl returned from his trip. In the time between I retrieved spicy from Alexandria and said a quick hello to the neighbours.
I walk to rick as he speaks into his walkie about Maggie going to Alexandria.
My guess is she's gonna try and kill him.

"Hey I'll take ya" Daryl says behind us as I wait patiently to speak to rick.
"You sure you have enough fuel?" Rick asks.
"Ya plus it would be fastest" Daryl comments and I smirk.
"You think your bikes faster then spice?" I ask and he nods certain of himself.
I shake my head with a smirk.
"Cya later" I wave them off.

About an hour later I hear spice bucking off outside my tent.
I growl to myself as I drop my pencil and walk out to see the saviours aiming at Carol and the rest.
"How about we put our guns down and no one gets hurt?" Carol asks as I pull mine out just in case and stroll over to carols side.
"Drop your guns we'll figure it out? See I took the long route but I figured it out. Oceanside's killing us so now being that it's war, their gonna get what's coming to them" he announces.

"Stop it ged, your gonna get everybody killed" Carol declares.
"Your not the boss lady anymore. A weak little woman that got in a lucky shot. And now listen to what I say and step aside" he says taking the safety off his gun.
She slowly lowers her gun before he takes her keys.

She kicks out his legs as a group comes out the woods and starts firing.

Three single bullets awaken me from my dazed state. Most of the group disbursed after the attack. Those that weren't dead anyway.
I got shot in hip and decided I was dead weight.

I hid in my tent as people left and I slowly passed out.
I stumble out aiming my gun at the person firing till I see rick bleeding out on the floor.
"Shit" I whisper limping over to him and helping him up.
We watch as the horde submerge from the woods breaking down the tents and survival items.