7.Parting glass

It's been a about a month since we started on the road. We are barely surviving with the few scapes we find in the houses along the way.

"Thea can you check out the house with me and Daryl?" Rick asks as we reach are next scavage hunter.
I nod and continue inside tapping the walls to lure out any stragglers.
Moan comes from down the hall. Carefully I open the door and see a dead little girl walking around. She's wearing a white dress and looks like her throat was slit. I stab her and run to a small bin next to the desk realising the remains of a couple beans.

"Ya alright?" Asks Daryl walking in.
"Just wondering what sick bastard did that to the little girl" I say glancing back to her. I gag again.
"The worlds changed. This is probably the new normal" he says scrunching up his face.
"Yeah. I'll see if theirs anything good" I say standing and walking to the desk.
"Alright imma bring the group in" he says walking away.

I manage to find 7 bullets and a small granola bar in the drawers. I look in the closet for a change of cloths once looking at my walker brained covered cloths.
I manage to find a long plain white top and a pair of new dark blue trousers.
Looking again I mange to find a demin jacket and some boot welly things.

"I was just coming to check for cloths" came Maggie from behind me.
"It ain't the best but theirs warm stuff in their" I say pointing to the wardrobe.
Reattaching my gun belt I stroll out the room leaving Maggie to change.

I go down stairs and noticed Daryl plucking an owl. He looks at me with an odd face.
"What?"
"Yummy" I say cringe and he smirks continuing to the pluck the creature.
I glance around the group and see everyone broken and tired from our non stop travelling.
I then look at Carl and see him trying to open up a can of dog food.

I watch as rick walks past and picks up the can to read it. Pissed off he throws it at the fire place making me jump.
"Come on lucky could have ate that" I grumble using my sleeve to pull it out the flames.
Rick apologises as I go back to sitting in the window with a frown.
"Dead" I announce looking out the window. We all run to the cars and we're off again.

"Hey little man, you okay?" I ask Carl as he stands on guard so rick can make a plan.
"I'm just worried" he tells me.
"Which part of our adventure worries you?" I ask curious at all the options.
"Mom could give birth any day and theirs no food. We're all starving and no place is safe"
"You lost hope... without hope we won't make it. That's why I get up every day and tell myself that we will survive this. Hell at this point it's like my religion. Cause we will survive" I say crouching to his level.
"I trust you"
"Good imma go hunt. Get some food. Cya" I say walking to the group.

"Imma gonna go hunt" I say as they finish their plan.
"Me and Daryl will come too" Rick announces.
"You don't have to" I says throwing my bow back.
"Nah that owl didn't exactly hit the spot" Daryl Moans as we set off.

"Thats a shame" Daryl says looking at a prison. I trip on one of the wooden slabs of the train track .
"Ya okay?" Daryl asks helping me up.
"That place has walls and from the looks of it the food could still be inside" I say as my tummy grumbles.

Running to the fence I watch ricks back as he begins to cut the fence.
"Come on" he says holding the fence back with Daryl. In seconds we're standing in between the fences and Glenn is tying up the hole we used to get in.
"Go" Rick says quietly as we begin racing to the the gate.

"It's perfect. If we shut that gate we can pick off these walkers. Have the field by tonight" ricks happily.
"How do we shut the gate?" Hershel asks.
"I'll do it you guys cover me" Glenn says stepping in.
"No that a suicide run"
"I'm the fastest"Glenn continues.
"No you, Maggie and Beth draw as many as you can over their, Pop them though the fence. Daryl go back to the other tower. Carol you've became a pretty good shot, take your time we don't have enough ammo to waste. Hershel, Carl you take this tower" every one runs off to their positions.