46: The motherload

I woke early the next day and alarmed Nathan and Ashley of my plans.
They were onboard and ready in the next ten minutes.
I smile as I drain the caffeine and Daryl comes down with a thrown.

"Good luck" he tells Nathan and Ashley as I put the cup in the sink.
"That was coffee wasn't it?" Ash asks.
I nod with a grin as Daryl walks over and places a kiss on my forhead.
"You guys were loud" Ashley comments before covering her mouth.

"We were loud. The whole street knew you were dating before I did" I comment and she looks away as her face glows red.
"Sis don't be mean" Nathan says and I mimic him in a sassy voice.

"That's just childish" he comments as I finish.
"So is playing with rubix cubes" I comment.
"Hey! Their for all ages!" He growls.
"Alright whatever. We better get moving" I say as Ashley finishes her toast.
"Alright" she says as I give Daryl a kiss goodbye.
"Be carful at the museum" I say and he nods.
"You too" he says as I chase after the other two.

"Should be around this corner" I tell the other two.
We all took horses today. I'm still on spice while Nathan and Ashley rode a pair of new horses from the kingdom.

"Alright" Nathan says shuffling.
"You got a sore bottom?" I joke and he scowles at me.
"Yes it's not as fat as yours!" He shouts back.
"Hey!" Ashley says offended.
"That was for Thea. Don't worry dear you bottom is beautiful" he says and I gag, making Ashley gag.
"Honestly I'm gonna throw up" I laugh and they shake their heads.

"Alright remember to stay on guard" I tell the two.
"Back at you sis" Nathan says.
"And don't get your hopes up. Eugene mentioned that negan spoke highly of this place so it could already be looted" I explain and they nod.

"Alright. You two go that way. Pick up anything useful I'll go this way" I say pointing right.
"Scream if you need anything" Ashley jokes.
"Will do" I reply walking off.

We make it around fine and meet behind the back.
"That looks interesting" I comment pointing at a big metal container.
"Shame the floors gone" Nathan says pointing at the lack of walking material.
"Yeah" I mumble grabbing an arrow and shooting the lock.

The door springs open to show a whole lot of food and medicine.
"Looks like we've found someone's stash" i comment before looking down the hole.
"Walkers" Nathan comments looking at them all trying to swim up the hole.
"Yeah. Maybe one of us can side step along their" I say pointing at the ledge clinging to the wall.

"I'll do it" Ashley says as Nathan grabs her arm.
"No. It's got two entrances Cant we go around?" Nathan asks and I shake my head.
"That's packed. The lack won't work even if we tried unless someone goes over and clears it" I inform them.
"Then we leave it and come back with a bigger group" Nathan suggests.
"We can't. To be honest I'm surprised this platform is holding us. If we come back with more then we will lose this head start. Besides it's open now. People are gonna see it and want it" I say and he huffs.

"We can't do this" Nathan says.
"Only one needs to cross. I'm fast and light on my feet. I can clear it and get the stuff out the back" I say and he shakes his head.
"Your not going" he states.
"We need them supplies" I growl.
"Tough luck then" he growls. He turns around to Ashley and mumble something along the lines of stupid.

I roll my eyes and start walking across the ledge.
"Thea!" Nathan shouts.
"Shut up and let me concentrate" I growl side stepping it.
Rumble gives up under me as I walk along it. I get a step from the edge as the platform under me gives out and I grab the edge that I need to get too.

"Thea!" Nathan shouts pacing as he takes out a gun and starts shooting the walkers clawing to me.
"No. You'll draw more walkers" I shout and he stops as his mag runs out.
"Shit" he says as he begins pacing.
"Come on" I growl to myself as I pull myself up slowly.
I roll over onto the floor and smile at my team.
"Get around here and open the door" I say moving boxes.