6.The stash

We made it back to the highway in complete silence.
Currently we're sneaking around a truck in order to dodge the one walker on a stroll.
"I don't know how much long we can stay here" Hershel states gripping his gun.
"I'm not leaving without mom" Carl says.
"Neither am I. I promised I'd protect her" I state flinging my bow on my back.
"We're just gonna walk away? Not knowing if my wife or your girls are out their?" Rick asks hershel.

"We only have one concern. Just one. Keeping him alive" hershel whispers and I see rick contemplating his options before kneeling infront of Carl.
"Carl it's not safe here. I'm sorry-"
"Hey shushsh" I say hearing engines.
"You hear that?" I ask and see rick smile.
We all stare as Daryl and carol come around a car on the motorbike.
I sigh in relief as two cars follow up behind him and turn to stop in front of us.
Every one hugs in relief that their families alive.

"How'd you find everyone?" Rick asks Daryl. I look to Daryl and see him glance away from me.
"I saw wiggy light drive all over the road. Figured it would have to be an Asian driving like that" he jokes and I look to Glenn to see him smiling like an idiot.
"Good one" he says turning.
"Where's the rest of us?" Daryl asks and I look down.
"We're the only ones so far" Rick says with hope.

"Shane?" Lori asks and rick shakes his head.
"Andrea?" Glenn cuts in.
"I saw her go down" t-dog adds.
"Thea got take down too so theirs every chance that Andrea made it out" Lori says.
"You saw that?"
"Yeah, nice flip by the way" she says smiling.I nod In a thanks.

"Patrica too. Took her right from me" Beth whispers to Hershel.
"Are you sure you saw her their was walkers everywhere?" Carol ask.
"I'm gonna go back" Daryl states moving to his bike.
"No" Rick and I say in tune.
"You don't even know she's their" I continue.
"She isn't if she's alive she would have got off the farm as soon as possible. If she's not dead theirs no way to look for her" rick jumps in.
"So we're not gonna look for her?" Glenn questions.

"We gotta keep moving before theirs walkers crawling all over here" Rick decides and I grab my bow and murder the walker walking up to Glenn.
"I say we move east" tdog jumps in as I fetch my arrow.
"Bigger the road the more walkers" Daryl says pointing to the walker I just killed.

"Thea with me" Daryl says jumping on his bike.
"Alright let me just get lucky in my truck"I say after thanking glenn a million for dragging lucky into their car. After I made sure she ok I run back to Daryl and jump on the back of his bike.
"Hold on ta me" he says kicking the engine and starting it up.
As instructed I throw my arms around daryl waist and feel him tense under me as my arms tense.
"If you want-" I start to propose only to be cut off.
"Nah I know ya. You'll go crazy in a car" he says and I chuckle.
"Maybe you do know me" I say repositioning my arms to a comfy position and feel daryl untense.
"Let's go th'n" he says as he drives off laughing at me holding on for dear life.

Towards nighttime we come to a stop and hershel grabbed a map out a glove compartment to study the area and see if there's anywhere to stay that wouldn't be overpopulated by the dead.
Looking down at the map I realised I know where we are.
"I have a house over here. Its not on the map but I have enough food to last us a week if it's not gone" I say to the group pointing at a spot next to the river.
"Okay but you're taking someone with you" rick says sternly.
"No I'll go by myself"
"Bullshit I'll come with ya" Daryl jumps in. Rubbing my face I give in.

"Fine but do we have any pills?"
"Yeah why you need them?" Hershel asks looking concerned.
"I left some one to babysit my stash. I'm kinda praying he's moved onto the next house" I say as hershel hands me the packed of piles.
"And you were still gonna go alone?" Rick asks and I nod.
"He hates strangers and these are only plan b" I say smiling to make him feel better about leaving.
"Alright but Daryl is sticking to your side" rick says pointing between us.

"So who is this guy?"
"He's an old friend. not a very good one, we had a fight before all this before this all started" I state to Daryl walking behind me.
"He a druggy?" He says looking at the tablets.
"Yep I tried to help him but It didn't work. He got aggressive when he was high so I ended up running from him but once the dead started rising he apologised and I took pity. The night I left for the greenes I ditched him at this cabin" I say feeling daryls stares as he snorts.
"What?"
He shrugs slightly and I feel my mental ability to keep up with the man decreasing by the second.
"It's just over there" I say pointing at the house.

"Daniel?" I shout as we enter the house.
"Daniel?" I shout again as I go upstairs. I open the first bedroom door as I body come crashing through.
Aired I try to catch my breath from under the arm on my throat.
"It's just me. Calm down" I whisper through small breaths. Slowly he release me.
"And who's he?" He says point at daryl with his crossbow raised.
"He's a friend" I say as he falls over and wiggles into the Corner of the room. I roll my eyes entering the bedroom.
"What are you doing?!"He shouts running after me. I grab his arm and throw him down on the floor next to me.
"Calm down" I snarl.
"Here. Take them" I say nudging the tablets to him.
"Present? For me?" I nod and he snatched them popping 3 of them right infront of me.
"Great" I mumble regretting give them so easily.

Grabbing a crow bar I slam it under the floor boards and pop them up revealing cans of food.
"Daryl come fill your bag" I say pointing to the food. Slowly he puts his crossbow down and starts packing his bag as I copy his actions.
"Your taking Danny's food? YOUR TAKING DANNYS FOOD?!" He screams charging.
In seconds I watch as Daryl pins him against the wall.
"Don't!" He says quietly and I continue packing.

Once the bags are packed I hand Daryl his as he finally lets go of daniel allowing him to fall to the floor.
"Come on the group must be hungry" I mumble throwing the bag on my back.

"Wow that's a lot of food. Was that man there?" Rick questions still sorting out the food.
"Yeah and he was an asshole" Daryl says angrily.
"What he do?" Rick asks looking up. Daryl lifts my neck. Must be a bruise from the first in counter.
"Don't worry Daryl dealt with him" I say trying to carm rick.
"I slammed him against a wall" Daryl clarified to make sure rick didn't think he killed Daniel.

"Good. I'm gonna give you a warning the group ain't exactly chummy with me"
"What why?" I ask confused.
"I killed Shane"
"I believe you have your reasons" I say trying to lighten the mood.
"He was gonna kill me and take my family" he says looking down.
"That a good enough reason as any" I say smiling and he nods.

"Here" I say handing my bowl to Carl.
"No it's yours"
"Yes and I don't need it now so you take it" I say forcing it in his hand.
"Thank you Thea" he says ramming the spoon in his mouth. I nod and walk over to a tree before climbing to take watch.
"I saw what you just did for my son. Thank you thea" lori says up to me.
"No problem. I mean I'd be a bad protector if I let him go hungry" I say chuckling.
"Your too good for us" she says smiling.

"How's the baby?" I ask as I see her put her hand on her tummy.
"Hershel says she's healthy" she says smiling.
"She?"
"I have a feeling" she says chuckling at my confusion.
"Have you though of any names?"
"No not yet. I haven't talked to rick much since he found out" she says looking down. I hop from my branch.
"I'm sure it's fine. He just needs time. I mean it's scary think your gonna be a parent before the apocalypse but now he has to put everything into account" I say and she looks me in the eyes.

"Your right. He's doing his best" she says nodding.
"Good" I say climbing back up my tree.
"Thank you again Thea" I nod and watch her walk away.

"Hey!get down here!" I hear from below. Looking down despite my fear of falling I see Daryl.
"Why?" I question jumping down.
"Ya shifts over. Glenn's been trying ta tell ya but you've zoned out"
"Oh sorry" I say clambering down the tree.
"It's fine Thea" Glenn says walking out from under another tree.

"What were ya think about?" Daryl asks as we walk back to the group.
"Father" I reply quietly.
"Ya okay?" He asks as I realise a tear is going down my face.
"Yeah just...I don't know. I feel empty and despite him being crap at his job, I feel sad" I say looking down.
"I understand. Despite my brother being a meth head aggressive arse I was upset to hear he didn't return" he says quietly. I nod.

"I'm sorry Glenn woke you up because of me" I whisper as we enter the camp.
"Ain't nothing" he grunts back to his normal self.
"Night Daryl" I mumble as I lay down on the floor and curl up for heat.
"Night" he whispers walking off.