43. Gagging

I wake up to a bright light. I feel a gruff hand in mine next to a dip in the bed.
I glance down and notice the clean bandages, on the floor lay towels that screamed bloody murder.I rub circles on to Daryl's hand for a minute before his head snaps up and I smile.

"Your awake" he states surprised.
"Yeah, sorry I worried you" I say.
"Ya should have told me when we got here. I could've helped from the start" he states.
"You had to break the news and normally I'm okay when it comes to cuts like that. Maybe the eating disorder or somthing" I whisper.

"How are Ya feeling now?" He asks.
"Honestly? Hungover and if you take the piss out of how weak my alcohol tolerance is I'll wipe the floor with you" I threaten as he smiles.
"Yeah I know ya will" he whispers.

I start sitting up as two big hands push my shoulder back down.
"Doctor maggie ordered you stay in bed today" he tells me and I shake my head.
"Of course" I whisper rolling onto my good side.
"Get some rest" he says walking to the door.

(2 days later)
I March out the miniature hospital after getting the all clear to fight.
She told to to make sure I didn't take any blows in the general area and not to run. I told her not running Is basically impossible in a fight and she said it's better then bleeding out.

Daryl went out to work with the group that tells us when the saviours are coming.
Unluckily for me it meant he had to have a fog horn and decided to test it this morning while I was sleeping. Let's just say I didn't wake up happy.

It wasn't long after the all clear when all the horns started blaring meaning they were coming.
I strap on a chest plate and lower arm straps for support before grabbing my bow and making my way out.

"Thea" Maggie calls from the wall.
"Got the all clear. Where do you want me boss?" I joke.
"They will arrive at night. I want you to lead a small team around the stables" she explains climbing down.
"Who's in my team?" I ask.
"You choose. But make it soon their very few without a position" she says and I nod.

"I'll take Nathan and Ashley with me. Small and sneaky, may bring down the death toll" I explain.
"Or raise it. Make sure you come back, okay?" She asks and I nod.
"Make sure you and mini greene stay safe okay?" I ask and she nods putting a hand on her belly.
"We'll win. Just you see" I whisper hugging her and going to find my new team.

"Ashley! Nathan!" I call over signalling from my left and right.
"Maggie wants me to lead a small group behind the stables. Will you join me?" I ask them.
"I'm with you every where sis" Nathan says putting a hand on my shoulder.
"Who better to survive a war with then the girl that can ride the wild horse" Ashley says with a smile before side wards glancing Nathan.
"Alright. Nathan go armour up" I say and he nods walking off.

I turn round to Ashley with a cheeky smile as her blush begins to fade.
"Oh my god! Your in love!" I whisper yell.
"Shut up!" She grunts punching my arm.
"With my brother?!" I whisper yell as I curl over laughing.
"It's not funny! He's hot okay?" She remarks as I fake gag.
She gags thanks to my gag and I erupt into laughter again.
"Oh screw you!" She shouts giving me a hand.

We sit behind a metal sheet with our guns at the ready. I glance over to my team that Nathan named 'the dream team'.
Daryl came riding up the hill on his bike with a car on his tail.

I aim down my barrel as a bus blocks the car and Maggie screams:
"Now!" We all open fire as the rest March in.
For a second we drill a hole in their ranks till they realise arrows.
"Where the fuck did they get arrows from?" I ask my team as I hide behind the sheet of metal.
"Now is a bad time to ask questions sis" Nathan remarks opening fire on them again.
"It maybe the only time" I growl flipping onto the floor and shooting.
I stop firing and sit up to change my mag as I watch a hilltop man gets shot down.